Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues?

/ Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues?
Just got a quote to do all that Tx Jim recommended - 1 hr labor + hyd oil and filters (cleaned or replaced if needed). Sounds reasonable to me!

/ Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues? #22  
The older JD were prone to developing an internal hydraulic leak that resulted in insufficient pressure at the clutch pack and resulted in a burned up clutch pack. The fix is to split the tractor, replace the pipe with the hole, and the burned up clutch, might as well replace hydraulic filter and fluid, etc. good chance to check for worn or broken shift linkage while in there. I would be surprised if it costs only $2K as the clutch pack alone is worth more than that installed. I went through this but it is a solid performer now, good for another 40 years. These older tractors are keepers.

/ Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues? #23  
I think other than the mangled canopy that this tractor is a very nice. 1 hr to check pto clutch pressure & R&R hyd oil/filter/screen sounds reasonable.

/ Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues? #24  
JD2030, sent you a PM with info from the repairs I did on mine in 2017.

/ Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues? #25  
If your mechanic does the filter/screen cleaning/fluid replacement and that does not fix the problem, have him pull the cover holding the shifters. Two tubes go to the PTO valve, one to the PTO clutch, the other to the PTO brake. If the tube does not have fluid to the top of the tube, it is leaking. Leak can be pin hole, crack, or complete break. This check will only cost some time, gaskets and O-rings.
If the PTO clutch tube is broken, a split to replace. I had this happen with my 2030.
The horizonal exhaust hood is hard to find. Mine is in worse shape than yours.
2030muddy 007.JPG
2030stuck 013.JPG

/ Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues? #26  
Second pic, is that when splitting? or changing a tire?

Nice looking 2030..

/ Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues? #27  
Second pic, is that when splitting? or changing a tire?

Nice looking 2030..
Second picture is tractor stuck, retrieval. There was stump hidden in the tall weeds. Everything cleared, but one of my sway bar stops. There was a hole to the right of the stump that the rear tire dropped into. I was glad the tractor got stuck, rather than the brush hog hitting the stump. Good thing I was going slow!
I used a chain and my truck to pull the brush cutter away. The chain broke trying to pull the tractor off the stump. I had to go home for the wood and floor jack.
2030stuck 006.JPG
2030stuck 008.JPG
2030stuck 012.JPG
2030stuck 009.JPG
2030stuck 015.JPG
2030stuck 016.JPG

/ Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues? #28  
Ugh! No fun.. at all.

Why I enjoy having my TurboSaw for grinding the many, many stumps down low. This one will cut trees up to 12" and than grind the stump off just below ground level.
After having to leave many stumps over the years, now can mow over them even with the lawn tractor and mower.
Non-monetized link of first video attempt by a buddy. But was taking down one of many spruce trees to thin a planting of oak and spruce.

Attachments

• 100_3172.JPG
    100_3172.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
   / Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues? #29  
It was not my field. So, I was going slow. There were other stumps I could tell were there. They had all kinds of "suckers" growing from the stump. This one did not.
If it were my field, I would mark it somehow. Maybe a tee post and flagging tape?
Had I left my loader on ,it would have found it. I just happened to straddle it almost perfect on that pass and all the tractor cleared until the right rear tire went into the hole. I glad my cutter did not hit it.

/ Pricing for JD2030 w/pto clutch issues?
Well — I may need to change my handle up some. My 2030 went away today to be replaced with red paint

Attachments

• 740FBCD2-727F-4066-B282-DF4804AA28DF.jpeg
    740FBCD2-727F-4066-B282-DF4804AA28DF.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 79
  • B87D01BD-FC0F-4188-A129-4E6A1ECB496E.jpeg
    B87D01BD-FC0F-4188-A129-4E6A1ECB496E.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 75