Price check on L4060

/ Price check on L4060 #1  

tradosaurus

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400 HST, heavy duty bucket, 3rd function, R1 tires (rears filled), 2 remotes
I am going to check out a Grand L4060 with HST at the Kubota dealer where I bought my L3301 6 months ago.

What price range should I expect on this tractor?

I know I'm going to take a hit on trade in but I am understanding the tractors are valued by hours and not age necessarily.

/ Price check on L4060 #2  
Messick's video: So you want to TRADE UP for a new Tractor? - TMT - YouTube

3/17/2019

I'm jealous. Nothing wrong with that size of tractor.

I tried to justify a larger tractor with more hp but just couldn't see it working for my situation. Maybe in time after I use my L3301 I might change my mind. I have 5 yr loan so I'm hoping I got the right tractor.
As many, many first time tractor owner/operators find, tractors tend to shrink after twenty to thirty hours of seat time.

/ Price check on L4060
   / Price check on L4060 #4  
I'm not increasing the PTO hp that much but I am more interested in the cab.
Lol... I sold my L3200 a couple years ago & upgraded to the L4060HSTC. So I suppose I can relate. ;-)

I paid 45k. The medium sized loader, 3rd function, 3 rear remotes, air ride seat, loaded R4s, high output alternator for the rear defroster, TnT (later refunded & eventually from FitRite on my own as the cylinders from the dealer leaked & never fit close to right). So it is a pretty loaded machine.

Performance wise on the road & going up hills, the extra HP doesnt quite make up for the extra weight. But its not a car, so that's a minor detail compared to the extra stability & traction.

At 7,200' up here near Denver, I'm down on power compared to most people, over 15, maybe 20%. I wish for more power with my 8' flail mowing & when roading, but it's a good match for traction. I now want a higher HP Grand for the mower, but dont need it & dont want a bigger machine. The Grands are the right size for my needs. I'm not dissatisfied with what I have though & it's what fit the budget.

/ Price check on L4060
$45k? Wow.

Yeah that's out of my range.

I'm already starting to realize that either I need to sell my tractor privately or just keep until its paid off and then upgrade.

/ Price check on L4060 #6  
I kept my L3301.
Paid $32,500 for a L3560 limited edition cab with loader, 3rd function, loaded tires, mirrors, cab lights and 50hr service.
Both purchased within the last year

I've been impressed with the 3560 and I have owned much larger tractors. It's a great value while it still exists.

/ Price check on L4060 #7  
How in the world did you get it that cheap. I priced 2 dealers, one was 39k and one was 40k. Way too much money. 32k sounds great! Not sure how you there could be that much of a price gap

/ Price check on L4060 #8  
$45k? Wow.

Yeah that's out of my range.

I'm already starting to realize that either I need to sell my tractor privately or just keep until its paid off and then upgrade.

Cabs with AC and heat add about $7,500.

/ Price check on L4060 #9  
L3560 limited edition cab model-
I did not do anything special to get that price. Just asked my normal dealer to do the best he could for me. Then negotiated the mirrors, lights and 50hr into the deal.
If the 3301 suits your needs, 3560 seems much more powerful. I was using both yesterday.
3560LE may be worth a look.

/ Price check on L4060
Kubota salesman called me and said $14K trade in on my L3301 that has 34 hrs on it (which I owe $20k) and $43k for the L4060.

If I decided that I really needed a cab I would keep my L3301 and buy a used cab tractor. Or wait a year and just sell my tractor privately.