PowerTrac PT422 or 2422

/ PowerTrac PT422 or 2422 #21  
New user here... just wanted to bounce an idea off you that appeared in the thead "Hello PowerTrac, Goodbye Kubota". With your experience on the 425, do you think it would be possible to mount a backhoe unit to a custom attach plate and drive it from the front PTO. Not sure if this would be a bad idea attempting to become a problem, or a nifty modification that would give a light duty backhoe capability to the 425 (thus getting the higher HP & Kohler engine for $2K less). Just curious... I'm heading to the PT facility on Saturday and was wondering if anyone had some thought on this one...

/ PowerTrac PT422 or 2422 #22  
I have seen small backhoes on skid steers for years. Northern Hydraulic sells some. Take a look. Bob

/ PowerTrac PT422 or 2422 #23  
Thanks for the tip... I called for information. We'll see if they have anything useful on it. I also talked with Chris at PT. He said they had looked into the idea of doing a front mount, but to get anything up to their standards, it would weigh too much and would drag the machine around more than anything else.... which is why they developed the 2422. I'll revisit this idea with him on Saturday. I'm not looking for anything heavy duty, just something that keeps me from killing my back with a pick and a shovel.

/ PowerTrac PT422 or 2422 #24  
Is any one still looking for hydro filters? I just received my Power Trac video today and saw some numbers on the hydro filter, which reminded me of this post. Here's what I could see; GRESEN? DANA MINNEAPOLIS, MN 5544 ELEMENT K22001 or maybe K22003 FLUID POWER FILTER. Hope this helps some one.

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-72852-2500bx65.jpg

/ PowerTrac PT422 or 2422 #25  
MossRoad,

Yes, I (for one) am still interested in the hydraulic filter — thanks for the tip. I'll check into the info you listed and see what I can find.

Was your video on the PT422 or the PT2422 or both? I have an older video of the PT400-series. I'll have to check that out as well.

Again, thanks for the lead!

Brent

/ PowerTrac PT422 or 2422 #26  
I just got the video yesterday and it is for the 400 series only.

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-72852-2500bx65.jpg

/ PowerTrac PT422 or 2422
Last time I called they did not have a video for the 2422 yet, but one was in the works.
KCook

/ PowerTrac PT422 or 2422 #28  
<font color=green> lastly for all you kohler owners; i highly recommend adding a canister air breather (approx $160-180 w/filter minder), finned oil cooler (approx $120-140) and pro plugs </font color=green>

texastom, any idea where to but this stuff?