Power Washer Question

/ Power Washer Question #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
I have a Generac gas power washer and I am having problems with my water inlet fitting. It’s plastic and the threads are stripped which causes a huge fountain-like leak. For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to get the plastic female fitting off to replace it. Has anyone ever done this before?

IMG_1011.jpg

/ Power Washer Question #2  
I think you'll find that if you do get it off, there will be nothing under it to fasten anything to. I bet there is just a shoulder under it, no threads or anything else. That is a very inexpensive pump, I think I'd replace the whole thing.

/ Power Washer Question #3  
Remove the inlet filter/ hose washer and then remove the fitting with the correct size hex wrench. 10mm comes to mind. Also be aware there is a high probability that it will pull the threads out of the pump and will be unusuable due to corrosion in the pump and threads.

/ Power Washer Question #5  
Remove the inlet filter/ hose washer and then remove the fitting with the correct size hex wrench. 10mm comes to mind. Also be aware there is a high probability that it will pull the threads out of the pump and will be unusuable due to corrosion in the pump and threads.
What he said...

Remove the screen from inside of the inlet fitting and there should be a hex drive inside there.
Insert the proper sized hex wrench and back the fitting out.
Replace with new fitting.

What model is it? Maybe we can find the parts diagram for it.

/ Power Washer Question #6  
Thread in tight, an epoxy coated male to a new female adaptor cupling. Basically what Newbury already said. I would not put it past a new generic pressure washer to just have a lip in the casting to hold a female pushed in hot or a retaining flange extruded in later. You can always just cut it on the side and peel off the plastic female and see first if the female was even threaded in. It looks like it was, designed as threaded, but I have been surprised and baffled before how manufactures will set up a "gotcha." Then, if threaded, you still have purchase to back it out with a pipe wrench and replace, or just hose clamp a new lead to a new female.

/ Power Washer Question #8  
In reality, the die cast aluminum pumps are disposa pumps. Not built to rebuild at all, in fact you will be had pressed to find any rebuild parts. Now if it was a true cast and machined brass triplex plunger pump like the higher end AR's or a Cat pump, you can purchase rebuild parts for them and they run forever. In fact, the Triplex AR pump I have on my gas pressure washer has outlasted the engine. So long as you don't let them freeze (which destroys the ceramic pistons) they last and last. Mine stays in a heated shop all winter.