Mowing Power Trac Mowing Performance

/ Power Trac Mowing Performance #31  
Reds:
Sounds like your float position is not working properly. Does your hydralic pump make a high pitched whinning sound? You may have a piece of slag in your hydralic line. I think you (or me if you are getting frustrated) should try one more call to Power Trac. If your machine is whinning change the hydralic oil filter. My arms go up and down in float ALL the time.
PTRich

/ Power Trac Mowing Performance #32  
After reading these posts I am getting the impression that the PT cut is not that great. I am not looking for striping but I am looking for a great cut. We had a used Steiner 220 on the lawn this weekend and the cut was fantastic. By the way it does have a continuous roller along the trailing edge of the deck.

So what is the story with the PT deck and quality of cut. I spend 80% of my machine time mowing 3 acres.

/ Power Trac Mowing Performance #33  
I haven't gotten that impression from these posts. What I have read is that Reds is having trouble with his lift arms not letting the deck float properly, which might be causing his tractor to lift one of the main wheels off of the ground.

So far, I love the way the mower cuts. But I only have 3-4 hours on the mower deck on relatively flat lawn. Did you see the before and after pictures of the cut that I posted. I thought it looked great.<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=other&Number=146943&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=> Click here to read that thread if you haven't.</A>