Power Trac Attachments

/ Power Trac Attachments #31  
Here is a link to the rooter bucket by Kasco. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kascomfg.com/ROOTER.jpg> Click here </A>
I don't know how well the PT400 series will handle it, but it looks interesting.

Here is the link to their homepage.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kascomfg.com> Click here </A>

/ Power Trac Attachments #32  
The only thing that I don't like about the 2400 series is the seating arrangement. Take a close look at it compared to the other series. Look where the seat is. IMHO, it is more of a loader machine than a mowing machine, although I'm sure it could handle it.

/ Power Trac Attachments #33  
davesisk <font color=green>So, what's the consensus? Up or down?</font color=green>

Down. So you don't have to straddle the ditch as you go.

/ Power Trac Attachments #34  
While the digging pressure might be better if it was mounted down, I don't think you are going to get enough curl out of it unless you make some sort of angled adapter between the quick attach and bucket. You would probably want the bucket to be nearly level at the end of the stroke and nearly vertical at the start of the stroke. The bucket might end up coming back and curling under the lift arms. Also, when you went to dump it, you would probably end up piling dirt right on the front of the tractor where the lift arms attach. I don't think, just by imagining in my head, that it would work too well mounted facing down. Just my opinion.

/ Power Trac Attachments #35  
Well, that's kind of what I was thinking. I've been able to dig with the large toothless bucket which faces up. However, it's hard to get enough down-pressure on it to dig in some really hard spots. I'm thinking just a small bucket (like 8-12" or so) mounted pretty much the same way will give me what I need for the light-duty shallow digging I need to do. Now, if I can just find an inexpensive bucket and a good way to attach it...

Dave

/ Power Trac Attachments #36  
Btw, I emailed these guys the last time you posted this link to find out dimensions, price, and ask if they had any advice on how to hook it up to my PT1418 (I explained the attachment method). The answer I got back was "Sorry, we can't help you." They didn't even bother to answer any of the price or dimension questions. I guess they're not that interested in actually selling their products, eh? <g>

Regards,
Dave

/ Power Trac Attachments #37  
MossRoad <font color=green>I don't think, just by imagining in my head, that it would work too well mounted facing down.</font color=green>

Point taken - I think you are right about the lack of sufficient curl.

/ Power Trac Attachments #38  
Well, if they won't talk to us, we won't talk to them, right?