Power Trac Attachments

/ Power Trac Attachments #11  
I haven't had my PT422 long enough to give much advise, i'm mostly looking for it. I too planned on using the large bucket for snow removal. One thing that concerns me however are the marks that the bucket leaves on your driveway. I've used my bucket for moving mulch and it can mark your driveway up pretty good if your not careful. I would assume that over the long term this will cause problems.

/ Power Trac Attachments #12  
I'll have to try that. Hopefully, not until next winter /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. I think spring has finally had the courage to show up around here.

/ Power Trac Attachments #13  
I works for some friends with a rear blade, I have done it my self with my Case!

KCook

/ Power Trac Attachments
Thanks to everyone for the replies. What type of manuals do you get with a power-trac and the attachments. Is it a operations with parts manual? Did you guys order any spare parts up front, such as filters etc.

Hans, how many hours do you have on your PTs. From the sounds, you must have several hundred hours. How has the reliability been.

thanks again
Duane

/ Power Trac Attachments #15  
Reds, I plowed my concrete driveway all winter with the large bucket. It left no noticable marks. The only marking I ever noticed was when the bucket was new and the black paint came off on a sidewalk I was working on. I also plowed the asphalt parking lot at our business without damage.

/ Power Trac Attachments #16  
Duane:
I have the pt422 with 290 hours on it , I have the 48 inch mower, tiller, and small bucket. I have had it a little over 2 years and the only problems I have had was the quick attach hydraulic hose fitting would not release very easily, power trac sent a new one which works fine, and the other problem is gas leaking out top of gas tank if I fill it too full. I have used it prettty hard different times digging shale and small trees. It is a very well built machine and it has really surprised me as to what you can do with it.
Power trac gives you a manual on the machine with parts listed and how to do different repairs and service, and if you go down to pick your machine they give you a class on servicing the machine. As far as the attachments go they did not give me any manuals on them, they said they were working on manuals but did not have them available then.

/ Power Trac Attachments #17  
The only spare parts I ordered was an extra set of blades for the finish mower. I like to have a sharp set ready to go hanging on the garage wall /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. It came with an extra hydraulic filter.

After it arrived, I went down to the local small engine shop and bought a spare engine oil filter for the Kohler, as well as a Kohler owner's manual and Kohler service manual. Totalled about $35.00.

It came with no manuals for the implements, but what kind of manual do you need for the non moving parts? Buckets and forklift have no moving parts. The power angling snow plow only has 2 grease fittings for the gauge wheels and two ball type joints for the one hydraulic ram that need lubrication in the form of spray grease. The mower and brush hog, however, could use manuals. I have to make a call to see what has to be greased and how often.

/ Power Trac Attachments #18  
did you put our stick in float ? when appliying down pressure you may encounter that problem!

/ Power Trac Attachments #19  
I've found that even in float, it can leave drag marks on concrete or asphalt, especially if a rock or something gets under the leading edge. For especially fussy homeowners, like one of my relatives /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif, this would be a major disaster. That would be a situation where the rubber lip might be an advantage on the plow.

/ Power Trac Attachments #20  
I bought my extra mower blades at Home Depot for less than $6.00 a piece. 21" universal blade, had to grind the corners about 1/8 of an inch for clearence but they work great.
PTRich