Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options?

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #11  
I know this is old but did you get around to building it. I would like to try the same thing on my 4740. I'm just worried about how to plumb a relief into it so I don't snap bolts or break pins if the attachment is not quite lined up right when actuated. I wonder if there is some kind of integrated block with relief valve we could use to make the plumbing a little neater. anything we add up there on the cross tube reduces visibility

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options?
I know this is old but did you get around to building it. I would like to try the same thing on my 4740. I'm just worried about how to plumb a relief into it so I don't snap bolts or break pins if the attachment is not quite lined up right when actuated. I wonder if there is some kind of integrated block with relief valve we could use to make the plumbing a little neater. anything we add up there on the cross tube reduces visibility
I've got 1/2 NPT 3 GPM 15-3 PSI Hydraulic Cushion Valve | Relief & Cushion Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com & a small cylinder sitting on the shelf along with a manual 2 way selector valve. It's still on my to do list, but as with so many things keeps getting bumped down the list due to other projects.

I've been debating on serring the crossover relief valve really low & leaving it on only the power SSQA circuit. But I also need a crossover relief valve for my post hole digger & potentially other stuff. I'd want it set higher & on the main feed lines for that. My SSQA snow plow already has one to protect itself. I could in theory put 2 up there, one set low for the SSQA & another to protect impliments. Havent looked to see if there is any room for the crossover relief up near the 3rd function solenoid valves, but that's already pretty tight & ugly on the 60 series machines.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #13  
I use a directional control valve with reliefs set at 1200psi to control the hydraulic ssqa, the grapple, and the 4in1 bucket. No issues in several years of operation.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #14  
thanks for the reply, my main concern was the relief valve and packaging but I found a crossover relief valve rated for 3000 psi that can be adjusted down to 50 psi if need be. I may go that route but has anyone tried locking the handles with the pins up against something solid. I think the spring loaded pins have a little travel that would act like a relief so it may not be necessary.

the handles act through the springs to move the pins, if there is enough lose in the spring movement you could lock the pins and not damage anything at full system pressure.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #15  
Just did some measuring this morning. the full stroke of the mounting pins on my ssqa mount is 8 and 1/4 inches. how precise are stroke measurements of cylinders when you buy them. I was hoping to get an 8 inch stroke cylinder to make sure the pins are never partially engaged. even with two inches less stroke, It won't make much of a difference. with one pin fully engaged the other pin is just slightly before going over center with 6 inches of stroke

for those interested my center to center engaged length is 34 3/4 inches and the dis engaged length is 26 1/2 inches

You really dont need to wory about the levers going over center if you have an actuator holding them. The over center but makes sure the pins stay locked & wont back off. A cylinder or linear actuator holding the levers in place just shy of over center will accomplish the same thing. By design going over center means there is less pressure or extension of the pins than holding things right at "center".

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #17  
I am going the ball valve route teed into the third function circuit. no relief valve with this cylinder from surplus center 1x8x.625 DA Hydraulic Cylinder Wolverine WWSB18-S | Double Acting Hydraulic Cylinders | Hydraulic Cylinders | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com.

the swivel eye ends will make attaching to the handles easier I just need to extend the rod to the right dimension. I just couldn't find a double selector valve that had the kind of packaging I wanted to keep it clean up there on the loader tube.

plus the tee method means 4 hoses instead of six.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #18  
UPS just updated my tracking status with (civil unrest has delayed your package)

Hope I get it soon. Stay safe down there neighbours.

Keep is posted on the build. My diverter valve, cylinder & crossover relief valve have been sitting on the shelf for a year now. I really need to find some time to finish my project.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #20  
when my order comes in I should have everything for the entire setup except for the hoses. I am wondering whether I should update this thread with my build or start my own.

I've had the tractor for more than a year now and this was always in the plans but what moved it up in the priority list is when I took my grapple to the woods. I got the grapple on and moved the tractor over to the garage to load up the chainsaw and in my head I was thinking I will lock the levers when I put the tools in the grapple at the garage but guess what I never locked the levers so I had the grapple about 4 feet off the ground and dumped far enough to drop the grapple while the hoses were still hooked. Tweeked the solid lines where the quick connects are slightly but didn't seem to hurt the hoses.

and I did it again (forgot to look the levers) with the bucket the last time I went to the woods so it has jumped way up on the priority list.