Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options?

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
I have a 3rd function on my L4060 (around 10gpm max hydraulic flow). I'm going to be plumbing in a crossover relief valve 1/2 NPT 3 GPM 15-3 PSI Hydraulic Cushion Valve | Relief & Cushion Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com for my hydraulic post hole digger. Figure I'll put it on the tractor side rather than the implement side so it might protect other implements as well.

I'm also planning on putting in power hydraulic SSQA (which I did previously with a linear actuator on my old L3200 http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/321704-linear-actuator-power-ssqa.html).

As I have hydraulics up there now I'm going to do it with hydraulics this go around. Not that I had any reliablitly issues with the linear actuator, but hydraulics will be faster & less fragile. As per some previous discussions somewhere (may have been my linear actuator thread), somebody noted they just used some manual diverter valves out at the end of the loader. Leave them set to the SSQA most of the time, but after hitching up you need to go up there to hook up the hoses to any hydraulic implements anyway so might as well just flip the diverter to enable those hoses when you are there.

So far my thoughts are:

1/2" NPT 2 GPM Double Selector Valve | Selector Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com ($100) would do the trick, but I'm not a fan of that lever if it's going to be sitting on the end of the loader.

A pair of 3 way valves ($80) like 1/2" NPT Carbon Steel 5145 PSI 3-Way Ball Valve | Ball Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com would work, but mounting them so the handles don't interfere with each other, are aligned in the same plane (NTP fittings seat where they seat) or get damaged might be a bit of a challenge.

An electronic diverter valve is $150 or so, plus another $30-40 in wiring & electronic parts to get it running, most of which I likely already have floating around the barn. Not like wiring it up will be any different or harder than my linear actuator

My other thought was just a pair of on-off valves for the SSQA cylinder. ($40) 1/2" NPT Carbon Steel 725 PSI Ball Valve | Ball Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com. Just put a T in between the SSQA cylinder & the QDs. Turn the SSQA off after hooking up hoses then on again after unhooking the hoses. Rely on the QDs to not leak when actuating the SSQA cylinder. Cheaper that way but still might have some mounting issues & easily snagged or damaged handles.

Anybody have any better ideas for a cheap, reliable & easily installed diverter setup for this scenario?

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #2  
Check this unit out. Bottom right, $69.68

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #3  
I wouldnt want a manual diverter up there. A stick, vibration, anything could manually move it when you dont want it to, and next thing you know you implement is not only not working, but is unlatched as well.

Check this unit out. Bottom right, $69.68

I would call on that one. I am thinking that may be a typo and they left of a 1 in front of that. But if that is indeed $69, thats about half of the cheapest I have ever seen them in the last 5 years.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #4  
I use an electric diverter like that to control my hydraulic SSQA. If you change front implements once in a while, maybe it would be overkill. But changing several times a day, it sure is nice to be able to drop off one implement and pick up another, in a few seconds, without getting out of the seat. To my way of thinking, using a manual diverter would give up a lot of the potential functionality of the hydraulic SSQA. By the way I paid about 2x that a few years ago, looks like a real good deal.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #5  
I wouldnt want a manual diverter up there. A stick, vibration, anything could manually move it when you dont want it to, and next thing you know you implement is not only not working, but is unlatched as well.

I would call on that one. I am thinking that may be a typo and they left of a 1 in front of that. But if that is indeed $69, thats about half of the cheapest I have ever seen them in the last 5 years.

That use to be my cost on that type of diverter. But when you have retailers selling at wholesale, well one of the reasons that I quit selling them.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #6  
That use to be my cost on that type of diverter. But when you have retailers selling at wholesale, well one of the reasons that I quit selling them.

Maybe they got a truck load of them at a good price. Cause that exact valve is normally in the $150 ballpark

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #7  

It also says "currently unavailable" as I read it.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options?
I use an electric diverter like that to control my hydraulic SSQA. If you change front implements once in a while, maybe it would be overkill. But changing several times a day, it sure is nice to be able to drop off one implement and pick up another, in a few seconds, without getting out of the seat. To my way of thinking, using a manual diverter would give up a lot of the potential functionality of the hydraulic SSQA. By the way I paid about 2x that a few years ago, looks like a real good deal.
I have to get off the machine to hook or unhook hoses for impliments. I can just flip the valve over to run the impliments then back to SSQA. The 3rd function would be set to SSQA most of the time unless I kicked it over to the impliment after hooking it up.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options?
It also says "currently unavailable" as I read it.

As per the manual http://www.metrohydraulic.com/pdf/Metro-Hydraulic-Valve-catalog.pdf I want a 04 (1/2") 20 (knob not lever)

Their site has 2 valves listed with the same description & the same price DS08-20 (out of stock & the 08 in the name indicates 3/4" not the 1/2" in the description) & the DS04-20, which is likely what I want & is actually in stock. Tried buying it & their site wigs out about my address "Warning: Please enter a valid shipping address first" regardless if I have it checked as residential or not. Tried a few different ways with no luck. Will give em a call & try & order it over the phone on Monday.

Thanks for pointing me that way, as near as I can tell that's exactly what I was looking for. Assuming so, it's just going to be a case of having some "fun" trying to get everything mounted up there & getting some custom hoses made up to get it to fit & plumb in properly.

/ Power SSQA control, manual diverter valve? Or what other options? #10  
I must be weird. I prefer the linear actuator. I'm just beefing up the mounts a bit when I *someday* do it.
aaaah, *someday*.....