Power Beyond install on 4X20

/ Power Beyond install on 4X20 #1  

om21braz

Veteran Member
Any special advice for installing part#lvb25512 "power beyond kit" on a 4x20 series tractor that I need to know about? Does it require removal of a rear wheel? From what I understand the kit comes with good directions, but there's always more info here on TBN. Just trying to be ready once the kit gets here - thanks ahead of time!

/ Power Beyond install on 4X20 #2  
Easy job...removal of the right rear wheel will make the job a lot better;)

/ Power Beyond install on 4X20
Finished the job without removal of rear wheel ! Did remove seat assembly. Only issues were (1) the instructions about inserting "new" adapters in the SCV & RCV outlets - it uses the existing adapters and (2) note near end of instructions that seat closeout "may" need trimming. Mine did need trimming and I can't imagine anyone else's would not. TIP -very difficult to trim once new lines are installed. It would be handy to have someone to help with removal/re-installation of seat assembly, but it can be done alone.
Hopefully I'll have the chipper working within the next day or two.

Thanks for the "easy job" vote of confidence kennyd - good info as always!

Now that the power beyond is installed, raising the 3-point w/ box blade attached causes a loud whine while raising (it does raise/lower properly - no noise other than raising, no noise using loader). It did not have this issue prior to the install. Fluid level of sump is ok. From what I have found searching & reading past posts, the power beyond install causes this due to routing of fluid thru the additional lines/filter. Is this still considered normal ?

/ Power Beyond install on 4X20 #5  
Well, maybe semi-normal. Make sure the metal tubes are secured as they may be vibrating when the fluid passes through them, but I suspect you hear the fluid being forced through one of the QD's.

/ Power Beyond install on 4X20 #6  
Now that the power beyond is installed, raising the 3-point w/ box blade attached causes a loud whine while raising (it does raise/lower properly - no noise other than raising, no noise using loader). It did not have this issue prior to the install. Fluid level of sump is ok. From what I have found searching & reading past posts, the power beyond install causes this due to routing of fluid thru the additional lines/filter. Is this still considered normal ?

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to see if you were ever able to fix the noise from the PB kit. I just installed one on my 4120 and have the same issue. I see some people saying it's "normal" but thought I would ask how yours turned out.

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to see if you were ever able to fix the noise from the PB kit. I just installed one on my 4120 and have the same issue. I see some people saying it's "normal" but thought I would ask how yours turned out.
I don't own that tractor anymore, but I concluded it was normal as it never caused any issue.