Power Beyond for log splitter

/ Power Beyond for log splitter
Thanks for the explanation, the double detent valves sounds good. I just got the last two connectors I need to hook up so I will try it out this weekend.

The Powerhorse is a decent splitter but holding the valve the entire time sucks said:
I used the Northern Tool 3 pt splitter today for the first time. It works great. The 3 point hitch is not affected by splitter operation. I am not clear whether the control valve on the current generations works the same as the valves you guys are talking about. On mine the cylinder moves whenever you hold the lever, when you release it stops. So if the log splits after 4 inches, you just move back 4 inches and do the next log. No need to complete a cycle. With the bi-directional split, this thing is OK on my MX5100 at 1000 rpm. It is quick at 1800 rpm. I recommend this splitter to anyone who wants a 3 point splitter on a tractor with similar hydraulic output.

/ Power Beyond for log splitter #13  
Exactly! Its annoying when the wedge ends up in the middle after a split, You have to hold the the valve to continue or recycle. With the double detent, you can set it and forget it...IE split the log, and be grabbing the next peice to split while it finishes it stroke. More efficiant, and when you are splitting a cord or more, it makes a difference. Enjoy and good luck..

With the double detent, where does the wedge return to? Center of the beam?

/ Power Beyond for log splitter #15  
Whatever end its running to... ie what ever way the handle is pushed.