Potential power increase for CK2610?

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #101  
About the same coolant volume.

CK35.JPG
CX2510.JPG

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #102  
Yeah but then you need to find someone with a PTO Dyno. I wouldn't even know where to look for someone who had one.

An easier way to see performance change is if you have a hill with constant grade, set rpm at a point that high speed setting starts to struggle at full pedal. Make your small adjustment and try again, watch for exhaust discharge change at this load as well as improvements in the engine holding the load. Repeat until desired hill climbing is met, or increased exhaust smoke is observed.

You won’t know the hp specifically, but will know the extent of performance improvement.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #103  
The sleeve over the adjustment screw is incredibly tough to get off. I think when I did it I had to cut it using a Dremel. I also recall ordering a new one from online oem parts seller. I will say though that I turned the screw out pretty far( little at a time) but I never noticed any black smoke. I didn't notice any power difference on my 2016 Ck2610. I only see black smoke breifly when starting it after it's been sitting a while. I drive mine on very steep inclines and pretty much have to use low gear.

Update... Sorry if this was mentioned here before, but....
Comments on the YouTube video says that the old 35hp had 18° of timing vs 2610 is 16°. My understanding is removing shim(s) will add timing. .001" = 1°. Anyone know the part numbers their associated thicknesses?

Last edited:
   / Potential power increase for CK2610? #104  
Here we have it, someone finally put a video on youtube

Did this on mine, night and day difference. High gear is actually useable, no issues going straight up my 25-35 degree hill in Medium, and the rotary cutter has no issue with 4-5' wetlands grass at full speed in Medium.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #105  
It may be wise to follow advice from a professional . I would not follow any advice from that fella.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #107  
After watching this guys video and a similar one on a 25hp tractor with the “dull orange color”, I went ahead and cut the cap off the adjustment screw with an oscillating tool which was way easier compared to the dremil and grinding tools the other guys used. Anyway, I had used a big hill in front of the house in high gear to judge the increase in performance. Before the adjustment I could barely make it up in high while losing 500-600 rpm off the 2600 I started at. I ended up with the adjustment screw out 2.5 turns and now lose less than 50 rpm’s. I don’t notice any smoke but I can smell it more under load so I didn’t try turning it out anymore. I also noticed diminishing results the further I backed off the adjustment. I think 1.5 turns gave the most dramatic results. The tractor feels night and day to me now. It always felt heavy and sluggish before in anything but low gear. It now feels like the power and weight of this tractor fit. Oh, my tractor is a 2016 hst with 450hrs on it.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #108  
Now I’m waiting for my hydro gage to come in so that I can check to see if I’m getting all I should from the hydraulics. Does anyone know the hydro psi specs for these 2610hst’s? I’m hoping That my hydro psi is a little low so that I can get a double whammy of increased engine H.P. And some more hydro power. Then I’ll start breaking stuff. Aarrrgg!

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #109  
Thanks for the write up, very informative.

/ Potential power increase for CK2610? #110  
After watching this guys video and a similar one on a 25hp tractor with the “dull orange color”, I went ahead and cut the cap off the adjustment screw with an oscillating tool which was way easier compared to the dremil and grinding tools the other guys used. Anyway, I had used a big hill in front of the house in high gear to judge the increase in performance. Before the adjustment I could barely make it up in high while losing 500-600 rpm off the 2600 I started at. I ended up with the adjustment screw out 2.5 turns and now lose less than 50 rpm’s. I don’t notice any smoke but I can smell it more under load so I didn’t try turning it out anymore. I also noticed diminishing results the further I backed off the adjustment. I think 1.5 turns gave the most dramatic results. The tractor feels night and day to me now. It always felt heavy and sluggish before in anything but low gear. It now feels like the power and weight of this tractor fit. Oh, my tractor is a 2016 hst with 450hrs on it.
(y)