Postage paid return envelopes

/ Postage paid return envelopes #21  
The full page glossy heavy paper ads do serve a purpose as a backsplash for the cat's litter box.
This being an election year, the deluge of candidate ads is about to begin. Gotta say, the ones on heavy stock work great as masking around door frames, baseboards, etc. when painting. :ROFLMAO:

/ Postage paid return envelopes #22  
I used to send back can lids and whatever would fit in their postage paid envelopes, but now nearly all I find are internet links.

/ Postage paid return envelopes #23  
LONG ago I took the contract for snow removal at this big professional center, parting lot, sidewalks and all...

It never failed; it would snow several inches during the night that the local "rag" would drive around and throw their paper up on the sidewalk in front of every business, and then the complaints would start coming in! Phone call complaints of those papers freezing being tripping hazards, stuck in snowblowers ect., and I would have to go pick them all up.

I'd then AGAIN call the rag and tell them to STOP throwing papers at that address, but it would just happen again and again, and I even quit being polite about it! What they didn't know was I was hatching a plan and had been saving all those papers I had picked up.

One morning after a good snow and everyone was plowed out, including the rags parking lot, I loaded all the papers up in my truck, drove to their parking lot and slowly drove around throwing them out, spreading them all over their lot. I could see them in the second story window watching me do the deed, but after that, NO MORE papers came to the professional center!!

I guess they didn't like picking them up either!

BTW, I use the prepaid envelopes to mail their junk back too!

SR

/ Postage paid return envelopes #24  
A lot of junk mail wants me to reply. If they pay the postage, I will reply.
But sometimes the envelope gets mailed back empty, or with some other junk mail.

My question is, am I helping the USPS stay solvent or am I increasing the burden on them.
Any current or past mail carriers care to respond?
"stay solvent", lol, My dad is just starting his 60th year as a rural carrier. I would guess his yearly compensation costs the USPS north of $100k. The postal service has debt liabilities of over $200 billion and is predicted to lose anther $160 billion in the next 10 years. That's probably a low estimate considering who's doing the estimating. If he retired when he could have 20 years ago they would have been paying him 80% minus mileage to NOT work. IMHO the only way they stay solvent is through congressional debt forgiveness.

/ Postage paid return envelopes
Yeah, sorry, not the direction I wanted to do with my question.

/ Postage paid return envelopes #26  
…. Has anyone ever gotten junk mail that that was actually good for anything?

Yes. I use mine to start the fire in my wood furnace every morning.

/ Postage paid return envelopes #27  
"stay solvent", lol, My dad is just starting his 60th year as a rural carrier. I would guess his yearly compensation costs the USPS north of $100k. The postal service has debt liabilities of over $200 billion and is predicted to lose anther $160 billion in the next 10 years. That's probably a low estimate considering who's doing the estimating. If he retired when he could have 20 years ago they would have been paying him 80% minus mileage to NOT work. IMHO the only way they stay solvent is through congressional debt forgiveness.
The postal service isn’t supposed to make money. It’s a service to citizens that we pay for.

/ Postage paid return envelopes #28  
This being an election year, the deluge of candidate ads is about to begin. Gotta say, the ones on heavy stock work great as masking around door frames, baseboards, etc. when painting. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Yep, I''m gettin'em every day. Yesterday's mail only brought 9 candidate ads, one sales pitch for life insurance, and one letter wanting to sell me a new reverse mortgage. I get mail from the USPS 6 days a week, and it's more than 99% junk since, like many of you, I receive and pay all my bills online.

/ Postage paid return envelopes #30  
Kudos. Support the USPS. Most of the Junk Mail is just that, JUNK! At our local PO, they have a huge garbage bin on wheels in the Lobby and most of of the paper spam never leaves the building except on its way to the dumpster.

In my city we have local mail 'pick ups' and the city has placed trash bins at each location.
While a smart idea there some lazy slobs that throw all their household trash in there including food wastes.
Come hot summer days you don't dare open that bin as they are on a biweekly pickup cycle and U know what hot sun does to rotting food.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2024 UNUSED Blue 7 ft. Work Bench (A33548)
2024 UNUSED Blue 7...
Water Color Painting (A33041)
Water Color...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
Step Down Power Box From 480V 3-Phase to 240 Volt & 110 Single Phase (Has ( (A33349)
Step Down Power...
Mlwaukee Electromagnetic Drill (A33349)
Mlwaukee...
Dmi Ripper Point (A33041)
Dmi Ripper Point...