Possible new CTL

/ Possible new CTL #11  
High flow would be nice if you are thinking about a snow blower!

Vertical lift is nice if you use pallet forks. Is there a lift height difference between the 2 machines?

Last edited:
   / Possible new CTL #12  
I do see a lot of used machines with 10 to 300 hours (and more, of course),

Not sure what痴 up with why someone would buy a $50-60k machine and sell it after 10, 90, or even 172 hours like I see on Machinery Trader.

When I was shopping for my CTL, there seemed to be dealers that rented new ones by the hour for enough hours that the rent more than made up for the limited depreciation on a "virtually new" machine.

/ Possible new CTL
High flow would be nice if you are thinking about a snow blower!

Vertical lift is nice if you use pallet forks. Is there a lift height inference between the 2 machines?

Both the Deere and Case salesmen said that the snowblower they sell for a std flow machine works well, and we get around 300” of (mostly lake effect) snow annually. The high flow will, of course throw the snow farther, but the high flow blowers cost several thousand dollars more than a std flow blower.

For now I have a blower on my 40 hp tractor, and entry / exit is easier with the tractor compared to a CTL.

It would be nice to get rid of the tractor to simplify life, though, if the loader works out.

I just did some checking and found out that my old Deere 240 Series ll was a vertical lift machine, per the inter web...it worked well loading my F450 dump truck.

The smallest vertical lift machine Case makes is the TV370, which is, I think, a larger frame , and thus more expensive, than the TR310.

I think I need more quotes. It’s easy to let scope creep set in, to the point that costs get totally out of hand.

/ Possible new CTL
Pulled the trigger on the Case TR310.

Better specs than the Deere 317G, and much lower cost than the Deere 325g.

Not a perfect fit until I put cost into the equation.

On the other hand, I am a homeowner, and this machine doesn’t have to but bread in the cupboard.

The savings will be more than enough to upgrade my car trailer to something that will haul the loader and mini ex around.

If the Deere dealer had been more aggressive in pricing in the first place, I would never have looked at the case.

I am kicking myself for not looking at a case machine last year when I bought the Deere excavator. Probably would have been able to go up one weigh class for the same money.

/ Possible new CTL #15  
Let us know how you like it. Love my TR340.

/ Possible new CTL #16  
I have been doing a lot of research trying to solve a problem on a friends TEREX PT 80.

I would do a lot of reading on the Internet, and as they say, DEMO everything. Not just driving around the dealers lot.

New gen of JD supposed to be good. Case, cat and Bobcat, NG! Just what I have read. Mustang and Takahoochi (sp?) supposed to be real workhorses and very simple machines without all the computer crap.

All in all, tracked loaders are very expensive to run for undercarriage replacement.

/ Possible new CTL
Mustang and Takeuchi are no go. No local dealer, ie within 300 miles.

Deere wasn’t cost competitive until I told him I was going with Case. Suddenly his price dropped by another $3500.

I don’t play those games. He had his chance but got greedy and blew it.

The Case arrived Tuesday. Spent some time leveling some of the mess I left from last year with the Kioti. Seems simple enough that I will adapt quickly, and is way more sophisticated than my old Deere. Can’t really put it to work until the ground down by the lake dries up.

Best I can tell, the Case machines had wiring harness issues when the Alpha series was released several years ago, but subsequent design changes fixed the issues.

Now I need a 14k trailer to haul this thing around. My old Deere was light enough that I could haul it locally on my car trailer, and was a wheeled machine so I could drive it down the road a mile to my shop. Not entirely comfortable drivein a tracked machine a mile on pavement on a regular basis.

Looked at a few trailers today. Two looked really cheesy, and the third seemed to be priced too high.

Might be time for a road trip to somewhere that has a couple of trailer manufacturers in the area.

Any suggestions? Texas is a three day drive.

/ Possible new CTL #18  
I would not fault the Deere dealer. It's a bargaining process. So he sharpened his pencil a bit. As a business owner, there is the profit I would like to make and maybe should make, but sometimes if push comes to shove, I have offered and accepted less. No sense cutting off ones nose despite ones face. Business should be flexible.

/ Possible new CTL #19  
How about north of the border for your trailer shopping choices?
I wouldn't get rid of your tractor after seeing what your CTL is like in your winters, and congrats on your new machine. I've had Case SS's and I like their construction line, but that was way before they ALL got overly complicated with emissions and computers.
You know we need pics or it didn't happen. :D

/ Possible new CTL #20  
A friend has one of those ubiquitous 1840 CASE machines with the Cummins. Basic and reliable.

All that modern computer stuff in the Skid Loaders is just so much pain and expense waiting to happen. The worst thing is, there is virtually nothing that you can usually do yourself. You are at the dealers mercy.