Plywood questions

/ Plywood questions #1  

yanmars

Platinum Member
I have two. I have 3/4 inch plywood that has a black "sandpaper" coating on one side. I would like to use it to sheath the outside of a lean to that will be heated and insulated. Should the black "paper" be facing the heated interior or facing the exterior? No markings as to exterior or interior use.
The other issue, I have a large quantity of 3/8 inch 3 ply plywood. I had planned on using two so that I would have also a 3/4 inch thickness of plywood. This would be used to sheath the exterior of the lean to studs. After that is up it would be covered with fanfold and housewrap. The studs would be fully insulated with mineral wool and the room heated. The question is, the plywood has no marking if it is for interior or exterior use. On one sheet only it did say, Rated sheeting, 2410 High Exposure, 222 APA. Also on a few other sheets it says Georgia-Pacific RTS 8HTG, and perhaps a scan code number of 081999104834.
Hope I can use the same, I could call Georgia Pacific after the holidays to see if they might advice. It would be covered with fan fold and housewrap almost immediately after up so not exposed to the weather.
If it were not winter I could have painted it with water based or oil based primer it that helped unless it would hold moisture in. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

/ Plywood questions
ttt