Please tell me this isn't what I think it is

/ Please tell me this isn't what I think it is #11  
Depending on which wheels are used the lugs can go either way, some style uses the taper, others use the flat with a washer. Kubota even puts it in the owners manuapplications.
Can't say if the ones in the picture are correct or not, but that is correct for some appications.

/ Please tell me this isn't what I think it is #13  
Careful. There are some flat faced wheel spiders. I usually see washers on them, too. Putting a flaired nut on a flat wheel means fatigue failure down the road.

/ Please tell me this isn't what I think it is #14  
$8.50/h highschool kids in the assembly line
No...not the assembly line!
At the distribution point, or the dealer shop.....both in the USA!
Pathetic!

/ Please tell me this isn't what I think it is #15  
You would have to see one off to know if they are on wrong.

My F150 has flat, flange type lugs and so does my New Holland backhoe. I don't think either have a tapered outside but that could be a design to facilitate the socket going on easier.

/ Please tell me this isn't what I think it is #16  

My F150 has flat, flange type lugs and so does my New Holland backhoe. I don't think either have a tapered outside but that could be a design to facilitate the socket going on easier.
Kubota uses the same lugs for both wheels, my "B" came with the tapers out and washers, thought it wasn't right but according the manual it was correct for the wheels.

/ Please tell me this isn't what I think it is #17  

Or it's cheaper to use a traditional lug nut, that way you only need to buy one type and size. Bottom line

/ Please tell me this isn't what I think it is #18  
There's a right way and a wrong way to go about forming a rational opinion.
Not having all the information is the wrong way.

Someone needs to take a wheel nut off and see what the mating surface looks like. After doing that, we can make an informed opinion. Without that it's just BS & speculation.

rScotty

/ Please tell me this isn't what I think it is #19  
There's a right way and a wrong way to go about forming a rational opinion.
Not having all the information is the wrong way.

Someone needs to take a wheel nut off and see what the mating surface looks like. After doing that, we can make an informed opinion. Without that it's just BS & speculation.

rScotty
But that's what we do!

/ Please tell me this isn't what I think it is #20  
And it shall remain BS and speculation since the tractor was on a dealer lot. I've just never seen one that is correct when the lugs are turned around to what would normally ber incorrect. This may very well be correct but it just looks wrong.