PINE logs anyone?

/ PINE logs anyone? #1  

PowerTracManiac

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1460
Have pine logs galore from the lot clearing and I don't know what to do with them?
Average 16 to 24 inches in diameter.
Don't have a dump trailer so I can't take them anywhere.
Contacted a couple lumber places and they weren't too interested since they were pine?
Any sugesstions or ideas would be appreciated.
20210525_164844.jpg

/ PINE logs anyone? #2  
Do folks over your way burn pine for firewood?

/ PINE logs anyone?
If its not hardwood they think its not worth there time to burn around here.

/ PINE logs anyone? #4  
Huh. I'd think with lumber prices through the roof people would take anything useful, and those sure look useful!

Seems like you've got enough there to build a small cabin!

/ PINE logs anyone? #5  
Firewood. That's a shame. Ponderosa pine is all I have here. We burned pine for the first 15 years we lived here. It's a fine firewood.

/ PINE logs anyone? #7  
You might advertise in Criagslist looking for someone who has a personal or hobby sawmill. There's lots of things of value those logs could turn into for a private individual. Just maybe not a big sawmill.

/ PINE logs anyone? #10  
Have pine logs galore from the lot clearing and I don't know what to do with them?
Average 16 to 24 inches in diameter.
Don't have a dump trailer so I can't take them anywhere.
Contacted a couple lumber places and they weren't too interested since they were pine?
Any sugesstions or ideas would be appreciated.

No one wants mine either (Douglas Fur).. Free or otherwise. Even the chip and multch guy claims to have a backlog of hundreds so wont waste the fuel to come get them. I posted them and one person called, but he can never seem to make it over here. All cut 16'6" 16"-24" diameter. The top 1/3 of the trees were chipped into the woods. Excavator comes in a day or 2 to clear the trees back, so I guess they will just be the start of the burn pile.

i28et79.jpg