Some more
20210124_092954.jpg
untitled7.png

Attachments

• 20210308_102505.jpg
    20210308_102505.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,702  
Always surprised by the ones that can handle snow plowing without chains. Then I remember that not everyone has steep hills to handle.
I agree. In the middle of Winter, when temps are in the single digits, the snow does have a bit more stick. Plowing hilly driveways with 12" plus snow you need, at, least, front chains on a 4wd tractor to get tractor and steering. With front chains on a 3000 series kubota, my son could only plow down the driveway when we wake up to 12"+. After he finally bought rears, he can go up as well as down. Very necessary around March when we get the wetter snowfalls. It packs under the tires and good-bye traction

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,703  
Trying to make improvements before the snow gets too deep . Got my hydraulic side shift to work . This will save me some time around the buildings. Hoping the chains on the front tires keeps the front end more planted when turning.

Attachments

• IMG_5011.jpeg
    IMG_5011.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5010.jpeg
    IMG_5010.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5009.jpeg
    IMG_5009.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5008.jpeg
    IMG_5008.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 68
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,705  
This is my snow fighter, its a beast.

View attachment 835514
Am I looking at an Ariens? What model? I'm thinking about getting one of these. I need a tracked snowblower because all my land is unpaved. They have 3 different models. 2 are fuel injected. How long have you had it? Any issues? I'm still running a 2003 TroyBilt stormtracker.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,706  
Am I looking at an Ariens? What model? I'm thinking about getting one of these. I need a tracked snowblower because all my land is unpaved. They have 3 different models. 2 are fuel injected. How long have you had it? Any issues? I'm still running a 2003 TroyBilt stormtracker.

Hey! This model is called the Kraken, its a special edition model they came out with a couple years ago. This will be my second winter with it and so far its a dream to use. Its based on the profesional models which come with a hydrostatic transmission, bigger impeller and bucket and the 420 cc engine. The Kraken has EFI, electric chute and track controls as well as 12v key start and extra lights. I have been an Ariens fan for a while, I had a 12 year old Ariens Platinum that I sold to help pay for this new machine that was absolutely a great machine, never an issue besides regular maintenance ever. I was looking to upgrade to a rapid track model right when this Kraken SE model came out and had to have it. The EFI is great, however I would shy away from the non 12v key start versions of the EFI, most of the issues Ive read about the EFI have been about the small rechargeable battery on the non 12v models. (being efi it needs a battery to run the fuel pump until the engine is running) The tracks are awesome, Ive owned/ used other tracked models from Honda and Yamaha and the Ariens track system is far and away better. I have not had any issues with it, but I would not expect to this early on. Some are skeptical of the EFI but Ariens has been using it on some models for a few years now. Here is a link to a write up I did on it last winter on another forum.

Ariens Kraken Profesional Snowblower- Review (with pics!)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,707  
Sounds like my bank account would take a "kracken" lol

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,709  
Trying to make improvements before the snow gets too deep . Got my hydraulic side shift to work . This will save me some time around the buildings. Hoping the chains on the front tires keeps the front end more planted when turning.
The Chain going to the QA plate for Float... Does that work OK? It's very horizontal where generally the chain is very vertical.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,710  
No pictures, because I don't know how.
TYM 674 with cab. 72" inverted snow blower and a 72" snow pusher.
We'll see how the R1's do this winter.
Probably fairly well.
I took my Inverted out in over 20" of snow and my rhino tractors R1's
which are over 30 years old. I have never had that tractor stuck but I think blowing over 25" deep snow on a warming day might just do it.