Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,591  
Got 6" last night so I got to put the T254, Bercomac blower and cab into action this morning. Neighbors were impressed that I took their end of driveway stuff and threw it across the road into the wind. With the cab, the snow didn't end up in my face. It's not heated but you do get a little heat off the engine that takes the edge off the cold. Was pleasantly surprised that the plastic windows didn't ice up. They seem far enough away from my body where my breath doesn't end up on the plastic, plus there is plenty of ventilation. The blowing snow does not have direct access to you but you do get a little from underneath and from the vents in the sides of the top. So far I'm quite tickled with the setup, just need to fix the loose nut behind the steering wheel so that it gets more efficient.
In the snow industry we make sure we get into the tractors with dry shoes and do not get out. I have a broom in my barn I sweep my feet with. When that snow melts it will fog your windows. This may not be as much in yours as our industry. I also run a 12v fan on my back window when icing up on the outside. Fan on the tractor is full bore all the time. Dries my nose out after a few hours of work.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,592  
Walk behinds past 35 years. A 1024 Ariens and HS928 Honda. Still kept the Honda for back up just in case. A snow like last night usually takes a bit over 2 hours to do with a walk behind. I have parking at the shop and the driveway at the house to do. Not a huge area. However at the shop I have to blow it North, into the wind 90% of the time, hence the cab. This morning it took about and hour and 15 minutes adding in the end of the neighbors driveway. I'm now learning what pattern will work most effieciently on clearing things and putting the snow where it fits best, hopefully will be able cut the time somewhat. I will go over to the church tomorrow to clean up what the plow truck can't clear out well. (Okay so I'm using it as an excuse to get out and have some more fun with this.)

You've dropped an hour of work, and are looking for excuses to clear more snow; I think you made a good purchase. 🤣

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,593  
Well about 4" of snow/sleet then an unknown amount of rain yesterday and last night.
At 5:30 this morning it was still 33F outside by 10Am it was down to 24F projected to be -5F tonight.
With the ground not frozen I didn't do any plowing yesterday, Maybe should have.
This mornings first look;
feb 24 1.jpg

Going real slow trying to peel the frozen crap up without getting too much dirt,
Slow going but got quite a bit off without too much driveway damage.
You can see the ice rolling in front of the blade.
Feb 24 2.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,595  
Well about 4" of snow/sleet then an unknown amount of rain yesterday and last night.
At 5:30 this morning it was still 33F outside by 10Am it was down to 24F projected to be -5F tonight.
With the ground not frozen I didn't do any plowing yesterday, Maybe should have.
This mornings first look;
View attachment 785431

Going real slow trying to peel the frozen crap up without getting too much dirt,
Slow going but got quite a bit off without too much driveway damage.
You can see the ice rolling in front of the blade.
View attachment 785432

Yuck - Very nice peeling job though ! We got a little over 6" of very dry fluff @ 20 degrees. Could sweep it with a broom.

gg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,596  
We got 6 (?) inches of snow and that was at -18F. Ground is still frozen solid here. Going to take the Edge Tamers off the bucket tomorrow so I can scrape the parking pad clean. Was out of town all week for work, so it still needs some cleaning up here and there.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,597  
I managed fine with open-station for 4 years, but decided to upgrade a bit. I installed a Bercomac Winter Cab last November and am very happy with it. It keeps the snow at bay as expected, but I am enjoying being out of the cold wind even more. It was about $1K including tax and shipping.
I posted the installation process in another section

PXL_20230124_152454806.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,598  
It has been a mild winter here in south central PA. I plowed once so far. Anything else wasn't worth messing with and was gone in a matter of a few days. February has felt more like March. I want to pull my tire chains and pusher off to start into other projects but it's possible I might need them yet. Doing so would almost guarantee it, lol. It seems at this rate though, we'll be mowing grass by the end of March rather than mid to late April.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,599  
It has been a mild winter here in south central PA. I plowed once so far. Anything else wasn't worth messing with and was gone in a matter of a few days. February has felt more like March. I want to pull my tire chains and pusher off to start into other projects but it's possible I might need them yet. At this rate though, we'll be be mowing grass by the end of March rather than mid to late April.
Yup... I've only plowed once this season also.
Only really did that to see how the new plow set up was going to work.
Still have the plow on one truck & one tractor.
Tire chains still ion other truck & tractor.
March snow storms aren't unusual here in Michigan.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,600  
Ive had to plow 14 times this winter. Did so again today as 4” fell last night, and more on the way(predicted 8”) tonight thru tomorrow.

but nice thing was the sky was blue, and 34° today, so i hooked the horses up to sleigh and did some play time.

2848F9F8-BF7D-4859-8E43-873869C3A790.jpeg

5CF487CB-965B-4673-88E0-47059D36F9D8.jpeg

BB7B3750-9AF2-4B5A-A3F9-AE45884D7AFD.jpeg

05A40077-AAF6-4A89-82AF-5D0531F04869.jpeg