PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #692  
No moisture other than minor humidity in the summer, nothing like southern states though. The first picture is very fine saw dust at the base of the post. My next post shows the tiny holes in the wood beams. I included the snap for size perspective, but most of the holes are just a bit larger than a pin head. My guess is some sort of bug, but I’ve never seen holes that small before, so I don’t think it is termite damage. (?)

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #694  
Thank you old and tired. From what i have been reading about Powder post beetles, it seems that is what I have.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #696  
I only noticed it last summer. There was very fine sawdust on some of the items I had stored down there, but I did’t think much of it until I was taking pictures for Eddie Walker and noticed more of it, plus the tiny holes.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #698  
I got this picture a long time ago. I could be wrong, but I think the barn was built by Finnish immigrants without mortar quite a while ago.

If I'm wrong it's still a beautiful barn

Attachments

• Round Barn October_1.jpg
    Round Barn October_1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 63
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #699  
I got this picture a long time ago. I could be wrong, but I think the barn was built by Finnish immigrants without mortar quite a while ago.

If I'm wrong it's still a beautiful barn
Wow! I'd live in that!