PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #411  
This area - the Palouse - was settled by many of German ancestry. Lots of round top barns. These two stood out as being rather unique. The purple ones are for silage storage - the round one - just a unique design.
Unknown.jpeg
leonard-round-barn-c2a9rod-schwartz.jpg

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #413  
BnRidge - nice, new tractor. A thought just struck me. Man - that is one really large, red barn. How in the world do you ever clean those rain gutters??

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #414  
About the only thing to worry about are birds nests. So far there has been enough volume and pressure to move them down and out. Those old silos though, I wonder how they thought anyone would get up there to replace the roofs on those. Most of those roofs are gone. The barn on the left was built in 1898, from salvage timbers. The big barn, 1888, then added on 1907. Those old round barns in other pictures; FH-King grew up a few miles from here- he did work at UWMadison on plans to remove the center support silos and replace everything with circular framing.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #415  
A few more picts, around 1907-1920.
The engine is not ours, but is similar to the one used to run the ensiler and elavator.

Attachments

• 1907 engine.jpg
    1907 engine.jpg
    706.1 KB · Views: 93
  • farm1.jpg
    farm1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85
  • farm2.jpg
    farm2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
  • farm3.jpg
    farm3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #416  
Thanks for your reply - BnRidge. Considering that my knees start knocking when I have to climb up twelve feet to get on my roof. My hands would "lock up" on the ladder rungs, trying to climb ladders up to old barn roofs.

Makes me all sweaty just thinking of this. The roofing on that huge dome barn had been recently replaced. New roofing was some type of architectural asphalt shingle. And that top cupola - not this kid.

Hey - stay warm there in WI.

Last edited:
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #417  
I took this shot of an unusual cloud formation but it has one of my father in laws old barns in the foreground. He used it to store one of his sprayers as well as for hay.

IMG_0911a.jpg

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #418  
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #420  
Here's my old barn. Built in the late 1700's and needed more repairs than I could give it.

Barn 1.jpeg
Barn 3.jpeg
Barn 4.jpeg
Barn 5.jpeg