Pics for Ford Compact Tractor Hood Support System

/ Pics for Ford Compact Tractor Hood Support System #1  

audoguy

Hi All,

I am looking for some pictures of a 80's-90's Ford compact tractor hood support system. I am trying to reassemble the one on the Ford 1715 and can't figure out how the spring came off over a year ago (been running it "topless" since then).

I am looking for a pic of how the sliding hood support hooks to both the hood and the side of the radiator along with the spring.

I would think most of the old 1710, 1715, 1700, etc were all the same. You can also PM me if you want.

Thanks All

Audo

/ Pics for Ford Compact Tractor Hood Support System #2  
Hi All,

I am looking for some pictures of a 80's-90's Ford compact tractor hood support system. I am trying to reassemble the one on the Ford 1715 and can't figure out how the spring came off over a year ago (been running it "topless" since then).

I am looking for a pic of how the sliding hood support hooks to both the hood and the side of the radiator along with the spring.

I would think most of the old 1710, 1715, 1700, etc were all the same. You can also PM me if you want.

Thanks All

Audo

Hey Audo, long time.. you still running your 1715 naked?:D:D

I have a few pic from my 1700, but there is no spring involved. It just got a pivot points on bottom front of the hood and it id bolted thru ... that's all. On top you have couple rubber hook thingy that hold it in place. Mine never had any spring at all.

JC,

dsc07654b.jpg

dsc04349w.jpg

dsc06988o.jpg

/ Pics for Ford Compact Tractor Hood Support System
Hi JC,

Well, I thought the hoods were the same, but they are not. Mine is quite a bit different where only the hood opens and not the front clip also (I'll post some pics).

I am "clothing" my 1715 now, thus the post to the group. I have not done much except work for a while now, so no playing with the tractor or keeping up with stuff here on TBN.

I am reinstalling the hood and front clip that I had already painted. The next part of the project is the wheels which are pretty rusted and even leaking in places. I am thinking some POV15 on the inside to seal up any leaks and then paint the outside. If you or anyone have a good source tires I am intrested and will probably start another post on that topic.

I'll post seom pics in particular of the hood to hopefully get a little more input on the hinge and spring sometime soon.

Hope all is well.

Audo

/ Pics for Ford Compact Tractor Hood Support System #4  
Hi JC,

Well, I thought the hoods were the same, but they are not. Mine is quite a bit different where only the hood opens and not the front clip also (I'll post some pics).

I am "clothing" my 1715 now, thus the post to the group. I have not done much except work for a while now, so no playing with the tractor or keeping up with stuff here on TBN.

I am reinstalling the hood and front clip that I had already painted. The next part of the project is the wheels which are pretty rusted and even leaking in places. I am thinking some POV15 on the inside to seal up any leaks and then paint the outside. If you or anyone have a good source tires I am intrested and will probably start another post on that topic.

I'll post seom pics in particular of the hood to hopefully get a little more input on the hinge and spring sometime soon.

Hope all is well.

Audo

Hey Audo,

I'm glad all is well for you. I looked at the CNH website and functionally. I looked at 1710 and yous 1715 and see no spring system. I have attached 2 files below that might help you.

JC,

Attachments

• 1715 hood.pdf
    421.9 KB · Views: 938
  • 1710 hood.pdf
    522.6 KB · Views: 348
Hmmmm.... Mine doesn't reall match any that I can see from a bracket perspective. Looks like I have a bit of "engineering" to do to see how things go together.

The current implementation is rubbing all of the paint off of the hydr resevior for the power steering.

I should have taken some pics before I took it apart.

Audo

Attachments

• DSC02033.jpg
    DSC02033.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 351
  • DSC02035.jpg
    DSC02035.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 389
   / Pics for Ford Compact Tractor Hood Support System #6  
Hmmmm.... Mine doesn't reall match any that I can see from a bracket perspective. Looks like I have a bit of "engineering" to do to see how things go together.

The current implementation is rubbing all of the paint off of the hydr resevior for the power steering.

I should have taken some pics before I took it apart.

Audo

Audo,

on the first pic and looking at the spring and can't see how it functions unless the spring is long enough and hooks on the bracket behind the screen. you see a round hole in the sheet metal where the pivot support is doing nothing. As far as rubbing paint, I think you can turn the slotted flat metal rod 180 CCW so then only the pivot point can rub and not the rest of the bracket. It might have been the opposite way from the get go. it should not be difficult to reverse as you have removable pin there. I would not worry too much about the spring.

JC,

memory is short but pics stay for ever.

Last edited:
   / Pics for Ford Compact Tractor Hood Support System #7  
My 1500 looks just like JC's 1700. Partspring.com is another good source for diagrams. The hood and related parts are on page 9 once you select the 1715 model.

There appear to be some differences, but the main mounting system looks similar. It should show you how things go together, but I did not see any spring.

/ Pics for Ford Compact Tractor Hood Support System #8  
Hi All,

Thanks All

Audo

Here is a parts piture of the hood and related assembly for a 1715, hope it helps.

Garrett

Attachments

• 1715.JPG
    1715.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 297
   / Pics for Ford Compact Tractor Hood Support System #9  
I have a 1991 1520 that I think has a similar hood support setup. Here are some pics of the spring and sliding support bar.

Ed

DSCF0608.jpg

DSCF0610.jpg

DSCF0608_2.jpg

DSCF0609.jpg

BINGO!!! This place is the greatest!!!!!

Thanks so much this si exactly what I needed.

I'll compare notes and get'r right.

Thanks again

Audo