Pic of a Bull Elk

/ Pic of a Bull Elk #11  
They have also planted Elk in Wisconsin, they now even have a limited hunting season for Elk, we already have way to many deer accidents so I wish they wouldn’t have brought the Elk.
a family friend put 3 kids thru college and bought a big house on a lake mostly from doing body work on cars that hit deer, in southern wisconsin

probably shouldn't say it but, i'm the only one in the family not to hit one....as of now.

very few deer out here in the woods, not much to eat. not much of anything really except bugs.....lots of bugs.

i would see more deer in pinehurst in 1 day than i see out here in the woods in 1 year....truth.

pinehurst is over run with deer.

/ Pic of a Bull Elk #12  
In Banff and Jasper the elk wander through the town and golf courses year round. It is quite easy to approach to within a few feet of them.

/ Pic of a Bull Elk #13  
We have a nice herd of elk in northern lower Michigan, supposedly. I've never driven out into the boonies looking for them, though.

/ Pic of a Bull Elk #14  
Got one of a Bull and Elk each. :)

1632850992532.png

1632851074444.png

/ Pic of a Bull Elk #15  
They have also planted Elk in Wisconsin, they now even have a limited hunting season for Elk, we already have way to many deer accidents so I wish they wouldn’t have brought the Elk.

Thanks for the heads up. I agree on the deer and the coons on the rural roads. Now elk ? ouch.

/ Pic of a Bull Elk #17  
In Banff and Jasper the elk wander through the town and golf courses year round. It is quite easy to approach to within a few feet of them.

I tried that in the parking lot at the Banff School of Fine arts. It took a run at me! Fortunately I was able to escape, but an Elk can do some serious damage to a person.

Now they have fenced off the town site, and don’t let the Elk wander around on the streets anymore. Too many nasty encounters with humans!

/ Pic of a Bull Elk #18  
walking the dog on the logging trails behind my place in oregon we came upon a small group of elk, about 4-5 crossed the trail 20 ft in front of us, i grabbed the dog.

what we didn't know was we had split the herd and 1/2 had not yet crossed the trail.

the 3-4 that had not crossed decided to cross just as me and the dog got to the same spot.

20 seconds of chaos! i couldn't get the dog so he's biting at their heels, they are making some bizarre noise and the smell. i will always remember the smell.

The elk destroyed the woods on the way out, ive got pictures somewhere of the damage they did.

very luck the dog didn't get kicked in the head!

Sometimes i could see the elk hundreds of yards away, just look for the brown circle that seems out of place....elk butt.

/ Pic of a Bull Elk #19  
Was at a McDonalds in Estes Park a few years ago and had to step off the sidewalk as a huge male elk strolled by. The elk were everywhere!

View attachment 714941

What a shot. How can the butt end and the guy's head be so aligned in the image. He almost looks faked in there on purpose.

1632937361252.png

/ Pic of a Bull Elk #20  
How long have you been waiting to post those pics in the perfect thread! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, not long really.

In the Rural Living, people had a thread about posting their beaver photos. (no gutter thinking here, real 4-legged animal version) o_O

So, I posted the Satoh-Mitsubishi Beaver model in that thread too. LOL (y)