pesticide warning signs

/ pesticide warning signs #11  
The legal requirements, are to sign an area that i am or just spraying for as long as the label on the bottle says that you need to keep Pets and humans off of it.

This is what we were taught in the class to obtain my pesticide/herbicide license. So basically you look at the lable on what ever your spraying. It will say to keep pets/people off till dry or for say 24 hours or 4 days. It will give you the time. Me personally if it was a job i was doing i would send a helper or me preferbally and sighn the area then begin spraying and the signs would remain up a minimum of the lable requirements and maybe a day more. The " label is the law" is what you are taught in the class. Same thing with amount of concentrate/acre. If label says no more than 1/2 gallon per acre you better not put any more than that out or else you are in violation of the law.

/ pesticide warning signs #12  
Are there legal requirements for the sign? In NC, to have land legally posted, there are specific requirements for the no trespass sign. Is there such a requirement for spraying?

Make sure the sign is understandable. A house down the road has a couple of signs up in the yard. For years I thought the signs were telling people to keep their dogs from pooping in the yard. :shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing: I found out that the signs are telling people to not spray chemicals on their land. Yeah, you read that right. Not real sure WHY they think someone is going to spray their house lot with chemicals but they do. :confused3: If someone WAS going to spray chemicals on their land the signs sure would not help given that I thought the signs were trying to keep dogs from pooping on the lot. :D:D:D

Later,
Dan

They likely had neighbors that hired a company to come in and give them an artificial green lawn. Many of these companies will spray into neighboring lawns.

/ pesticide warning signs #13  
They likely had neighbors that hired a company to come in and give them an artificial green lawn. Many of these companies will spray into neighboring lawns.
I don't think that is what happened. Neither neighbor has a lawn per say and the signs were up before one neighbor even owned the lot much less had a house. The only "grass" that adjoins the property in question has never been what one would consider a lawn.

My best guess is that the power line for the neighborhood runs over the "posted" property and the owners heard that the power company sprays power lines. Course the power company does not spray underneath these sort of power lines though they do trim the trees on occasion.

Later,
Dan

/ pesticide warning signs
The legal requirements, are to sign an area that i am or just spraying for as long as the label on the bottle says that you need to keep Pets and humans off of it.

This is what we were taught in the class to obtain my pesticide/herbicide license. So basically you look at the lable on what ever your spraying. It will say to keep pets/people off till dry or for say 24 hours or 4 days. It will give you the time. Me personally if it was a job i was doing i would send a helper or me preferbally and sighn the area then begin spraying and the signs would remain up a minimum of the lable requirements and maybe a day more. The " label is the law" is what you are taught in the class. Same thing with amount of concentrate/acre. If label says no more than 1/2 gallon per acre you better not put any more than that out or else you are in violation of the law.

In my situation these signs are not required. I am looking at them like when people put a sign on a fence that says "Electrified". It usually gets peoples attention. Posted signs are up and legal but I am only looking at a secondary system to help convince them to not play in the vineyard. If they still choose to go play in the vineyard and end up sick then its no ones fault but their own.

Thanks to everyone for replying. I think I am going to go with your suggestion and have it posted from a week before my first spray till harvest then take them down after harvest. It should accomplish my goal.

/ pesticide warning signs #15  
In my situation these signs are not required. I am looking at them like when people put a sign on a fence that says "Electrified". It usually gets peoples attention. Posted signs are up and legal but I am only looking at a secondary system to help convince them to not play in the vineyard. If they still choose to go play in the vineyard and end up sick then its no ones fault but their own.

Thanks to everyone for replying. I think I am going to go with your suggestion and have it posted from a week before my first spray till harvest then take them down after harvest. It should accomplish my goal.

I really like your attitude:thumbsup: (and not just because of this thread) I also agree with others that you can easily and cheaply have signs made at your local shop... my onlh regret is that people are so STUPID that those signs are necessary.

/ pesticide warning signs #16  
I am saying what is Legal, in regards to me holding a professional appicator license. So i guess it may be different that you spraying your private property??

/ pesticide warning signs
I am saying what is Legal, in regards to me holding a professional appicator license. So i guess it may be different that you spraying your private property??

Are you a custom applicator? I'm licensed and have been for 6 years but for my own farming. I remember custom applicators have different rules. I don't need to post my farm for reentry since I "technically" control who is supposed to be there (mainly myself). No one else is suppose to be in my vineyards this time of the year. If they are their trespassing as my property is legally posted for trespassing (which I just found someone is illegally using an atv on my property next to a secluded vineyard).

/ pesticide warning signs #18  
You and i are both correct. ITs your property like you said, so unless someone is there tresspassing you are in control. I think like you are doing i still would post, there some crazy lawyers and people now a days but i can see you not leagally having to.

I have a "public applicators license" What that means is that i can spray or supervise spraying jobs on government property. So in my case there is every one from employees to Joe public that could be anywere around on of my jobs.