Parking - in the new day an age - Rant

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #311  
I rolled a vehicle with a small bottle jack on the back seat floor. Put a sharp point in the roof so I too wonder about stowage for multiple hitches inside an SUV along with recovery straps, chains and other lovely wintertime apparel.
In a hard case repurposed medical instrument box now.
Unsecured of course.

I'll put my back seat up agains anybody's. 4 chainsaws, chains, maul, ax, pickaroon, cables and stuff I haven't seen in years. Ah, yes! The trailer hitch is also floating around back there. Roll that vehicle and I'll be beat to death in sthe first roll.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #312  
I rolled a vehicle with a small bottle jack on the back seat floor. Put a sharp point in the roof so I too wonder about stowage for multiple hitches inside an SUV along with recovery straps, chains and other lovely wintertime apparel.
In a hard case repurposed medical instrument box now.
Unsecured of course.
I've rolled my offroad buggy several times. In one of those I got a nice rash on the side of my face from a cloth tow strap..... So I don't have anything metal floating around. I carry a heavy snatch block but it's bolted to the floorboard.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #313  
I really like the backup camera on my Colorado. My company truck had one also, but it stopped working about a year ago.
My only experience with backup cameras is in my wife's Buick. I find it a step or two above useless. Screen washes out in sunlight, and is at an angle so it gets dusty easily. Backup lights aren't bright enough to see anything useful with it at night. No wonder she keeps backing into snowbanks. :(
I just back up the old fashioned way, looking out the back window with a little help from the mirrors though I realize that on many modern vehicles you can't see much of anything there either.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #314  
My only experience with backup cameras is in my wife's Buick. I find it a step or two above useless. Screen washes out in sunlight, and is at an angle so it gets dusty easily. Backup lights aren't bright enough to see anything useful with it at night. No wonder she keeps backing into snowbanks. :(
I just back up the old fashioned way, looking out the back window with a little help from the mirrors though I realize that on many modern vehicles you can't see much of anything there either.
My wife's Grand Cherokee has one. She uses it faithfully. I don't drive it enough to get comfortable with it. Hers works very well. Even at night.

I drive like an old man when backing. Very slowly. Constantly looking everywhere. :)

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #315  
Depends on the vehicle. Had one on a friend's Ford pickup, and it was about as useless as your wife's Buick. But the one on my Ram is superb, I'll never want to own a tow vehicle without that camera, ever again. Makes putting the ball directly under the hitch a quick 1-step process.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #316  
Backup camera on wife's 2018 toyota highlander works fantastically.
Makes me amazed that I've never hit anything with my CC LB truck...

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #317  
I'll never want to own a tow vehicle without that camera, ever again. Makes putting the ball directly under the hitch a quick 1-step process.
Yeah, that's probably the one thing I'd want one for.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #318  
Yeah, that's probably the one thing I'd want one for.
I'm usually pretty good at hitting the hitch. But then,,,, sometimes after getting in/out of the truck a couple times to see I still missed, I wish I had a camera on my truck.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #319  
My wife's Grand Cherokee has one. She uses it faithfully. I don't drive it enough to get comfortable with it. Hers works very well. Even at night.

I drive like an old man when backing. Very slowly. Constantly looking everywhere. :)
It’s a handy tool, yet it’s just that. Given an either/or choice between camera and mirrors I will still choose mirrors.
I also am semi faithful about checking behind the truck before backing up.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #320  
It’s a handy tool, yet it’s just that. Given an either/or choice between camera and mirrors I will still choose mirrors.
I also am semi faithful about checking behind the truck before backing up.
Short story. I had a bumper hitch trailer on my truck. Backed up and for some unknown reason turned the wheel the wrong way and jack knifed the trailer into the rear fender causing damage.

2 months later had the bumper hitch trailer on my truck. Backed up and for some unknown reason turned the wheel the wrong way and jack knifed the trailer into the other rear fender causing damage.

Precious still wears those marks today. If I fixed it I'd make the same stupid mistake.....