Parking - in the new day an age - Rant

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #181  
Our local farm and home store allows dogs. Not uncommon to see dogs in the store off leash. No one even pays any attention. Of course it's also normal to see a stock dog off leash sitting on the bale bed truck in the parking lot. 😎
I've seen "service" dogs in restaurants and grocery stores.
I remember when only blind people needed dogs.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #182  
Again I say, he voiced an opinion. Just like you just did. It appears you are much more worked up than he is. 😏
Ha, not in the least. I didn't actually really voice an opinion about the use of handicap spots, either. Just trying to point out that searching for things to feel aggrieved about in your daily life that don't actually impact you, only hurts yourself. Way too many folks in this country spend their time just feeling angry and bitter for others over perceived slights and such.... what a pity.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #185  
Ever heard of PTSD?
No doubt that is a legitimate reason.

I do believe however part of the issue is that to some extent, we lived in a society were a sense of entitlement seems to be the norm and it's harder and harder to actually know why the pet is with you.

See below. No different than how the state of NC recognizes my authority to marry people within the state ;) Pay the money and presto, you now have a piece of paper that allows you to take your dog anywhere!

D.png

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #186  
True service dogs have to be extensively trained. Buying a certificate and a vest DOES NOT make them a service dog and most airlines will reject them.

Yes people will scam anyone for the $$$.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #187  
True service dogs have to be extensively trained. Buying a certificate and a vest DOES NOT make them a service dog and most airlines will reject them.
Exactly what are the requirements that airlines look for per certification?

Exactly what certification is needed when a lot of people don't mind taking their dog with them anywhere nowadays?

Out of curiosity...

D.png

Not certain if they would figure out if Wecheatem & Steele service dog organization is fictitious or not.

Last edited:
   / Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #188  
Does anyone still do that? Haven't seen a kid dressed like that in probably 15 years.

I had a carpet claning crew in the house. One guy, obviously several years out of school, was wearing his pants that way. But then it would have been around 15 years ago.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #190  
Ha, not in the least. I didn't actually really voice an opinion about the use of handicap spots, either. Just trying to point out that searching for things to feel aggrieved about in your daily life that don't actually impact you, only hurts yourself. Way too many folks in this country spend their time just feeling angry and bitter for others over perceived slights and such.... what a pity.
Then why did you respond?