Parker UHT chattering. $$$$ or try to machine parts?

/ Parker UHT chattering. $$$$ or try to machine parts? #11  
That failure is usually a low charge pressure, low oil spec, restricted filter, contaminated oil kind of failure. But sometimes stuff just happens.

/ Parker UHT chattering. $$$$ or try to machine parts? #12  
Is there a different manufacturer that makes a comparable unit that could take the place of this one? Something rebuildable.

Just because Toro does not service it does not mean Parker does not. Bob-Cat does not service HydroGear units but I get Hydro Gear parts from a local dealer.

/ Parker UHT chattering. $$$$ or try to machine parts?
Just because Toro does not service it does not mean Parker does not. Bob-Cat does not service HydroGear units but I get Hydro Gear parts from a local dealer.

According to Parker's UHT rebuild manual....they don't even list part numbers for the parts I need.

The bottom casting is a pretty complex piece. Houses the charge pump, relief valves, shock valves, etc.

Even if I could buy that part as well as the rotating group separately....it's unlikely it would be cost effective and might as well just spend the $2k on a complete new assembly

/ Parker UHT chattering. $$$$ or try to machine parts? #15  
Not much other damage that I see anywhere in the unit.

Wheel motor looks good, as does the rest of the pumps rotating group. Pistons are tight in the bores, no scoring, swash block looks good, etc etc.

Odd that the failure is where it is too, because that is the LOWEST point of the whole hydro. SO even if in the past it ran low on oil, this would be the LAST to starve.

Only has 1200 or so hours on the mower. 72" toro 6000' series commercial mower.

I do not like the fact that it doesnt have a replaceable brass ring like many other pumps. Guess they want you to pony up the $2k rather than repair yourself?

I’m surprised a commercial motor looks that bad with only 1200 hours. I tore down a 2500 hour Parker motor off my Grasshopper to fix a leaky seal and the machining was still perfect.

/ Parker UHT chattering. $$$$ or try to machine parts? #16  
I’m surprised a commercial motor looks that bad with only 1200 hours. I tore down a 2500 hour Parker motor off my Grasshopper to fix a leaky seal and the machining was still perfect.

A commercial unit would have a replaceable valve plate and serviceable parts. This looks to be an overpriced, low rent integral pump/motor unit.

/ Parker UHT chattering. $$$$ or try to machine parts?
A commercial unit would have a replaceable valve plate and serviceable parts. This looks to be an overpriced, low rent integral pump/motor unit.

While I agree that most of the true commercial units that have separate pump and motors usually have a replacable brass plate whereas this is wore into the casting....

This is far from what is typically found in cheap home owner units.

IT actually does have a "Separate" wheel motor more like traditional.....this one is simply hard piped and bolted to the pump in which they call it an integrated unit. But the pump and motor do NOT share the same housing or casting like on homeowner stuff.

This is a toro 6000 series mower....certainly not a cheap mower.

/ Parker UHT chattering. $$$$ or try to machine parts? #18  
I've repaired items like this when I was a tool maker. Just take it to a tool shop or a grinding shop and tell them to dust it on the grinder to clean up. I would also take the housing and have them shim the rotor by 0.0005" and grind them as a set to keep the spacing correct. Shouldn't take them more than an hour to do it. If you pay cash you could probably get away with $100 or less (depending on who you go to).