Pallets in fields

/ Pallets in fields #3,001  
Holy Cow! This thread is still going! I'm not about to go back through 3k posts, but I'm curious if you guys ever figured it out

Mike, just to spare you the pain, I must tell you that ole Sparc abandoned us a long time ago. He ran from his own thread like a scalded dog and never stuck his head in the door again. So we will never know why those pallets were stacked in those fields that way. It's a sad tale isn't it? :)

/ Pallets in fields #3,002  
Mike, just to spare you the pain, I must tell you that ole Sparc abandoned us a long time ago. He ran from his own thread like a scalded dog and never stuck his head in the door again. So we will never know why those pallets were stacked in those fields that way. It's a sad tale isn't it? :)

LOL James, great minds think alike!

/ Pallets in fields #3,004  
Yes, i remember the beginning of this thread and followed it for about the first 2 years and the op hadn't returned then so I guess I didn't really expect him to have returned now... though it has provided some good entertainment and an escape from some of the more serious things in life.

Man I miss this place! Not sure why it's been so long but, hopefully I'll be able to be here more again. It always was and probably will always be my best source of information.

/ Pallets in fields #3,005  
Yes, i remember the beginning of this thread and followed it for about the first 2 years and the op hadn't returned then so I guess I didn't really expect him to have returned now... though it has provided some good entertainment and an escape from some of the more serious things in life.

Man I miss this place! Not sure why it's been so long but, hopefully I'll be able to be here more again. It always was and probably will always be my best source of information.

Glad you are back Mike.

/ Pallets in fields #3,006  

Back in October, I offered a research strategy that should answer the question. Unfortunately, it appears that no one has followed up.

Here's a research project that might allow an ambitious junior scientist to earn tenure.

Cooperative Extension County Offices: Rutgers NJAES provides a link to the Cooperative Extension office in each of the counties in New Jersey.

The junior scientist could e-mail the Extension Department Head in each county and inquire about the pallet formations. The e-mail could be along these lines.

"An associate was traveling through rural New Jersey recently and spotted several fields with pallets stacked in an inverted-v formation. He asked me about the purpose of the formations and I drew a blank. Are these formations used in your county? If so, what is their purpose"?

Steve

/ Pallets in fields #3,007  
However I am not convinced there wasn't foul pallet play... Sparc may have accidentally exposed them and suffered retribution before the truth was discovered.

/ Pallets in fields #3,009  
Back in October, I offered a research strategy that should answer the question. Unfortunately, it appears that no one has followed up.

Yes but the last time that I followed one of your pallet related research strategies I ended up in Casualty!

(Stupid 'double blind test' procedures... :hammer: :censored: :ambulance:)

/ Pallets in fields #3,010  
You should stop seeing pallets in the feild. I've taken the next year off to drive around the Country and laying all the pallets down.