Paint

/ Paint #1  

danicrodad

Tractor
Bombardier MPV20
Greetings! I am looking to paint the iron on our families compact tractor. All the iron is yellow (with rusty spots obv.) And the hood as well as the back? Is yellow, both are plastic. I am trying to determine whether I should repaint the yellow with yellow or grey. Either way I want to paint it before winter but if you want to add your expert or non expert opinions on the paint color i would love to hear it. Cheers Image.jpegImage%20(1).jpeg

/ Paint #2  
Factory color is always best. Safety yellow is bright yellow. Same yellow as my New Holland mini-x
look it up.

/ Paint #3  
2 for keeping the yellow! Looks good so why not keep the same color scheme. Keep us posted with pic's.

/ Paint #4  
Stay yellow :thumbsup: maybe good autobody shop can give some good pointers.

/ Paint #5  
Stay yellow. I had never seen an MPV or JF1 with a backhoe. Nice!

/ Paint #7  
Yellow for sure!
You might want to obtain a hand held 'pot type' sand blaster for the rusty spots for best results.
That yellow will be a known industrial shade be it Caterpillar, Deere, or ??.
It is worth the effort to get the exact match IMHO as later on in its life any scratches won't then show up as an ugly scar.

A tractor supply house should be able to match U up.
Valspar brand is one that mixes most matches very accurately but their are others out there as well.
For that matter U might contact the manufacturer and ask them for the color codes.

Have fun! Wear a good mask.

/ Paint #8  
Very nice looking machine! Keep it as close to original as possible.