Price Check Overpriced Tractor?

/ Overpriced Tractor? #1  

murphy1244

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota 1120 RTV Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y
Had a quote done for a new DK40SE that came to 21,912 and a FEL that came to 5,166 and BH that ran 7,358 For a total of 34,436$ Is that price right? I good get a JD 3720 with a 300CX loader and a JD BH for 36,000.
Why the heck would I go with Korean for 1,500$:confused2: less?

/ Overpriced Tractor? #2  
Really? What dealer gave you that quote? My DK40SE, FEl, oversized bucket, 7' Box blade, pallet forks & a 6' Brush hog was about $22K.

Someone is pulling your leg............hard

/ Overpriced Tractor?
I thought that was really high!!! That quote came from Medina Tractor here in Ohio. Any Kioti dealers want to chime in on this????:confused:

/ Overpriced Tractor? #4  
Wow! I just purchased my DK40se HST for $19,500 with FEL included. I think that price you were quoted is very high. I found by contacting all Kioti dealers within a couple hundred miles, I was better able to negotiate my price with the dealer I really wanted to do business with.

Good luck!
Mike

/ Overpriced Tractor? #5  
I'd think those are the "list" prices. Plus there is a $4k rebate on right now which it sounds like they are happy to pocket... I talked to my local Mahindra dealer and he did the same thing, just quoted msrp's...
I'd have a hard time buying a tractor from that dealer even if they eventually did quote a realistic price, but if you like the tractor or service guys, and can get them to deal in reality, then go offer a realistic amount.

/ Overpriced Tractor? #6  
Murph,

If you don't mind driving a couple hours, try the Gratriot, Ohio dealer and the Nelsonville, Ohio dealer (call them first to see what they have...obviously). I know upto Oct. that the Nelsonville dealer had a DK40se HST or 45se HST leftover for a great price....b/c it was a 2010 leftover so it is at that price (not subject to the price encreases since then). It is the lighter grey color but who cares for the price. It is new w/ a 401FEL and the warranty.

I'm lucky in my job that I get to travel southern half of Ohio so I've met both these dealers. Both seem very honest and straight forward....just my impression. :)

I bought in May 2010 w/ the free loader program. I was at 20,600 for DK40se HST, 401K FEL, loaded rears (R4s), & sunshade.

Hope you can find a Kioti b/c I think you'll like the DK much better than the JD.

Where in Ohio are you, exactly? Good luck!

Greg

/ Overpriced Tractor? #7  
Had a quote done for a new DK40SE that came to 21,912 and a FEL that came to 5,166 and BH that ran 7,358 For a total of 34,436$ Is that price right? I good get a JD 3720 with a 300CX loader and a JD BH for 36,000.

In my humble and admittedly biased opinion the DK40SE HST with KL401 should be priced higher than the JD3720 and 300CX. Other than HP the 3720 is closer in specs to a cK series tractor than the DK40SE. The DK40SE is about 1000lbs heavier, (even has a steel hood) and the loader can lift over 1000lbs more. these are not really apples to apples.

That said, it could be that your dealer is offering 0% instead of the rebate or anticipated that you would not purchase until after January 1st, when the rebates are expected to be greatly reduced. It has been KIOTI's practice to offer less incentives during the slower winter months in order to offer the big rebates and free loaders during prime selling seasons. Maybe this year will be different but I have been encouraging my customers to move now rather than take a chance they may have to wait till March to get similar deals. Crazy business sometimes

/ Overpriced Tractor? #8  
Forgot to mention the 4 year unlimited hour warranty. Korean products are not what they used to be. Cheap Goldstar microwaves are now high end LG. In fact I was looking at cars with my daughter yesterday and a Hyundai dealer we were visiting was putting "market adjustment" added dollars on the window stickers! They had a Hyundai that looked like a lexus, almost $40K. Korea is rapidly becoming the new Japan (I'm old enough to remember when "made in Japan" was a sign of cheapness)

/ Overpriced Tractor? #9  

Exactly what I was thinking. For that kind of money, why not get a JD, NH, or Kubota?