Our ultimate project

/ Our ultimate project #21  
Here's the kitchen (a.k.a. "The Bridge" due to the wrap-around windows) I'm going to get my wife a little ship's wheel to put in the window/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 33-126559-kitchen.jpg
    33-126559-kitchen.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 105
   / Our ultimate project #22  
And here's the living room and fireplace. Move day went well - no major injuries and no broken furniture or dishes. Wife was like a crazy woman yesterday unpacking boxes - she almost has everything put away already. Now I just need to get that Power Trac and get to work outside..../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Scott

Attachments

• 33-126562-livingroom.jpg
    33-126562-livingroom.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 101
   / Our ultimate project #23  
Scott, that is one gorgeous home and yard! You and yours must be very happy!

/ Our ultimate project #24  
Scott, beautiful home, congratulations. Is that a rap-around porch?
PJ

/ Our ultimate project #26  
Paul,
No rapping on my porch, I'm kind of partial to classic rock/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif. Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually, only the part on the (left) end of the house is a porch. It's about 10'x18'. The part under the shed roof across the front is a sun room to the left of the front door and the kitchen to the right of the front door. I haven't done the calculations yet, but I hope to get a good bit of solar gain from the sun room in the winter. The overhangs on the front are 2' to keep the sun out in the summer.

Scott

/ Our ultimate project #27  
Scott,

VERY nice home! Good pictures, too. Now, where exactly will the tractor's home be?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Our ultimate project #28  
Scott,

Very nice. You have a beautiful home. I like the colors and the natural wood tones inside. Nice stone fireplace too. Is that a restaurant style fridge it looks real big.

/ Our ultimate project
Scott,

Terrific! We have been gone for a week, so I'm just catching up. Really like the way the elements of the house are integrated. Like the reduced pitch on the lower level. Just lovely. You and yours must be really happy. Again, this offers encouragement for those of us in the early stages. Congratulations!

Bill

/ Our ultimate project
Update: Since I have to wait for such a painfully long time for the tractor, thought I'd let you know how we have progressed. BTW, I'll very soon post some pictures of "the Land" and explain where our home will be located.

Besides securing the services of a reputable builder, we are thrilled about an agreement in the last couple of weeks reached with a nationally known architect who was featured in the Not So Big House book several of you have seen.

Our project is relatively modest, but she was willing to commit to us based on our love of the land and by what we hope to accomplish there. The fees are steep, but we hope that the resulting structure will "live" on the land as much as our magnificent oaks.

We're so excited and the architect's schedule matches that of our builder. Looks as though we'll be starting construction in late September. We should have a model and preliminary design completed in about a month.

I'll try to post pictures of our property either tonight or in the next day or so. It's important to us and hopefully won't bore TBNers. The big adventure progresses...

Bill