3-Point Hitch Operating 3PH with Power Beyond

/ Operating 3PH with Power Beyond #11  
So, my splitter return flow needs to go into fitting 8 rather than 12 - making the same loop as the small hose used when the implement is not connected?

:thumbsup: Correct.

/ Operating 3PH with Power Beyond
Thanks Kenny -- I will give this a try on Saturday and report back. Loosing my 3-Point with the Power Beyond seemed like an unnecessary trade-off. Also pleased I won't have to haul back to dealer for fix!

/ Operating 3PH with Power Beyond #13  
The standard log splitter valve should not be in the series loop that includes the 3pt, as the OUT port is not designed for high pressure. The OUT port is rated for about 500 or less psi.

Some people have done it and perhaps got away with it, however it is your choice.

This log splitter valve have PB and can be used in the series loop. Then everything in the loop will work.

You could also add a selector valve and use either the log splitter or the 3pt.

1/2" NPT 20 GPM PRINCE SELECTOR VALVE

1 SPOOL PRINCE AUTO CYCLE LOG SPLITTER VALVE W/PB

Max tank port pressure-150 PSI Prince LS-3000 log splitter valve.

So how does one get high back pressure ? Just raise the 3pt until the relief activates and the 2500 psi is in the OUT port of the log slitter valve.

Last edited:
   / Operating 3PH with Power Beyond
Thanks J_J,

I will heed your warning. Curious, though, would hooking-up as described above likely damage the tractor -- or the existing splitter valve? If the splitter valve is all that is at risk, I might proceed and replace the valve with your recommended one, if necessary.