Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake

/ Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake #1  

Matlax

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
So I was messing around with the box blade and my brand new hydraulic top link and noticed the blade was acting funny. Then I noticed the check valve assembly and one of the hard lines was making contact with the tractor frame when I was full up. So now I need to replace the hard lines and fittings. I’m not sure what went wrong…looked fine when I put it on. I had it in the middle of the three holes on the tractor side and the only hole on the blade. Do you guys mount them with the check valve and hoses closest to the tractor or the implement? Should I be using a different hole on the tractor side? It’s the length the manufacturer recommends. Thanks for any help. I feel like an idiot.

/ Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake #2  
Turn the cylinder over so that the fittings are facing the other way, does that make sense? I had that same problem on a CK2610 that I used before no need to replace anything unles it's leaking just make sure everything is tight those fittings can get loose especially if they are bashing into things..

/ Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake #3  
Also make sure they don't rub on your gas tank.

/ Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake #4  
This kit might fit your cylinder: Check Valve /Tubing Kit For 8" and 11" AMA Top-Link Cylinders 05165 | Repair Kits | Hydraulic Parts & Accessories | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

The lowest hole on the tractor gives you the most angle change of the implement as it's raised. On my Branson with my PTO chipper which sticks out a long ways, the lowest hole means the far end of the chipper gets raised up farther with the 3pt all the way up. Then it clears the ramp exiting the barn.

I'd use whatever hole works for your situation. The check valve block can be loosened and rotated so the hoses are exiting to the side if that gets you more clearance.

/ Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake
Turn it over. :rolleyes: I feel like such an idiot. I bet that’ll work. Unfortunately, it’s leaking so I’ll be replacing pieces. Thanks everyone!

/ Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake #6  
To answer you question, you want the fittings to be on the tractor side. The moving part of the top link toward the tractor.

All tractors and top links are different so you may have to tinker with it and make some slight mods.

Learning something new never makes anyone an idiot.

/ Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake #7  
This kit might fit your cylinder: Check Valve /Tubing Kit For 8" and 11" AMA Top-Link Cylinders 05165 | Repair Kits | Hydraulic Parts & Accessories | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

The lowest hole on the tractor gives you the most angle change of the implement as it's raised. On my Branson with my PTO chipper which sticks out a long ways, the lowest hole means the far end of the chipper gets raised up farther with the 3pt all the way up. Then it clears the ramp exiting the barn.

I'd use whatever hole works for your situation. The check valve block can be loosened and rotated so the hoses are exiting to the side if that gets you more clearance.
Kioti ck’s only have a single choice.

/ Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake #8  
Yeap, mount them with the check valve facing down

/ Oops - Hydraulic Top Link Mistake #9  
This is my FitRite hydraulic top link. Mounted on my Kubota M6040. Eight years - no problems.
IMG_0161.jpeg