One more idea of a brush guard

/ One more idea of a brush guard #11  
I love it, especially with the simple latch idea so you could swing it down, and it looks real nice too.

/ One more idea of a brush guard
Imo, the most important part was the bottom because most of the brash grow from bottom up and also because of the hood abstraction i don't see what is going on there. It is why I welded a solid peace of metal there except for some designer touch - drilling some holes, no purpose, just pure beauty ;).

The upper part - I had some thouts about. I did not want to make it solid, so, expended metal came to mind, but in this dark hole where I live I could not find any. I had to travel at least an hour to probably get some and it was in question as well. And I thought it is less sturdy than I'd like it to be.
But I had some 10 ft of not welded chain.
Actually it went real fast after the first raw.

Last edited:
   / One more idea of a brush guard #13  
I have a kubota LX3310 and am in the process of cutting steel and welding up a belly brush guard to protect the hydraulics, control rods and etc. I have several overgrown acres to clean with a bush hog.
No glorying reinventing the wheel so if some one has already fabricated or purchased guards or skid plates for a compact tractor, I would appreciate any pertinent information.

/ One more idea of a brush guard #14  
Just do an internet search for LX3310 guard and a few different vendors will pop up offering brush guards and filter guards. But I doubt you'll find a belly guard and if you did, the shipping charges would probably be expensive because of the size and weight. I couldn't find one for my L2501 and had to make my own.

/ One more idea of a brush guard #15  
That looks great! I bet that was tedious work. Something I've lost my patients with at my age. I copped out and used expanded metal. When I lost the fondness of the way that looked, I bought a standard bumper/grill. :cautious: Cudos to you for your craftsmanship. (y)

I have one of the factory brush guards on mine, the version I have uses expanded metal to fill in the center of the frame like the picture below:

498527_bw15817_hood-guard_553.jpg

/ One more idea of a brush guard #16  
I have a kubota LX3310 and am in the process of cutting steel and welding up a belly brush guard to protect the hydraulics, control rods and etc. I have several overgrown acres to clean with a bush hog.
No glorying reinventing the wheel so if some one has already fabricated or purchased guards or skid plates for a compact tractor, I would appreciate any pertinent information.
Thanks for the quick reply. I agree with your assessment of costs and available. I’ve roughed out dimensions and will start cutting square tubing and expanded metal tomorrow. I’m planning on three sections that will hinge down with the removal of just two bolts each. That should simplify oil changes, hydraulic services, and general inspections. Time will tell if the results are satisfactory

/ One more idea of a brush guard #19  
Stout grill material.

/ One more idea of a brush guard #20  
I bought a bush hog back that I had sold a guy, and he wanted twice what he paid me for it! However, the Duetz 60 series tractor came with it! Plus he delivered it running and had left it running when he loaded it. I still have the bush hog, sold the tractor, but before I did, I stripped the brush guard and belly pans off of it. The belly pan was 1/2 inch plate, so I knew that would come in handy.
David from jax