Oliver 1365 PTO operation

/ Oliver 1365 PTO operation #1  

Wasmeneh

Silver Member
My neighbor, who buys and sells tractors for a hobby, showed me his Oliver 1365 yesterday. Ran great no issues there but the PTO operation was confusing. There is a lever on the transmission case below the gear shift that moves side to side to engage the PTO. There is also a long lever that goes up and down ( like a parking break) that changes the PTO from engine to transmission?

All operate but the PTO lever that goe side to side can only be engaged with the engine off. It seems to me that it should engage with the engine off or on.

He is willing to sell it to me a decent price but I need to figure out this PTO.... Help

Thanks in advance
Miike

/ Oliver 1365 PTO operation #2  
Did you step on the clutch? Maybe a two stage clutch as well. Push it all the way.

I think we had a similar tractor but the side to side lever went two ways, off in the middle. Live and ground speed positions.

/ Oliver 1365 PTO operation #3  
It does indeed have a two stage clutch. The PTO portion is operated with the lever you compared to a park brake. Pull up on the lever to disengage the clutch, then shift the "side to side" lever to engage the PTO gears. Lower the clutch lever to engage the clutch. Simple as that.

The clutch may be stuck if it hasn't been used for a long period of time. You can test it by engaging the PTO gears with the engine off, then pull the clutch handle up until it locks. This SHOULD release the clutch and allow the PTO output shaft to be turned by hand (pipe wrench or similar tool).

/ Oliver 1365 PTO operation #4  
I think a friend bought a similar WHITE tractor. Got a screaming good deal but the tractor was just plain worn out! All he has done is fix it up and it still isn't a machine he can ever use, for one (new) reason or another. After ten years!

I love that size of tractor, We had a similar commy made Universal 445.