Older Swinger articulated loader, part identification

/ Older Swinger articulated loader, part identification #21  
The Neutral Start Level has a fork that centers the hydrostatic drive in the stopped or neutral position. There is also a centering spring hanging down below the arm to "deadman" center the drive if the operators foot is removed from the direction pedal. I've got one that has both removed, and the machine jumps & lurches when you start it. The deadman centering spring is a must, but the mechanical fork can be a pain getting it adjusted. Not many of the Continental Motors left. Difficulty finding water pump, distributor, carb. parts, etc. doomed a good little engine. I think Apiaries & Orchards has a Kabota upgrade for $5K. The Thermoking Isuzu C201 diesel was a solid upgrade we have in one. We have another with a 2000cc Ford Industrial 1970-1978; found in a Versatile 330 swather & one with an IHC C-153 motor from an IHC 230 SwatherWindrower. The difficult part of an upgrade is building or buying a bell housing to match up the hydrostaic drive. Our Isuzu was the only one that didn't need the frame lengthened

/ Older Swinger articulated loader, part identification #22  
Welcome aboard, Hamco. Sounds like you have several of the machines. It's a real handy little machine for me, the 4WD makes it usable on the beach that few other machines can touch. I echo your comments about replacement parts for the Continental motors. I did find one source on the net: Gerard Moons, Montes Equipment Co., Inc. (Continental Industrial Engine Parts) 1682 BARCLAY BLVD, BUFFALO GROVE, IL 60089-4523 800-228-2625 / 312-225-2660 / 224-676-1753
Fax: 312-225-4208

/ Older Swinger articulated loader, part identification #23  
Looking for a right angle gear box for my swinger don't know the model

/ Older Swinger articulated loader, part identification #24  
Does anyone have the brochure for a 100 or 110 Swinger. I'm looking for the side drawing showing the arms lowered & raised. PLS text me at 3068628427

/ Older Swinger articulated loader, part identification #25  
Parts available from A&O Forklift, Quicksilver Lane Edmore, MI 48829

/ Older Swinger articulated loader, part identification #26  
Hi everyone,

Don't do much posting but sure do lots of reading here! I especially enjoy seeing tractor photo restoration projects! 👍

Anyway, I have this older articulated loader that needs to have a bushing replaced on one side. I don't know the exact part name but I attached a photo of the piece. It's the main loader arm that is mounted to the frame. I'm wondering if this is something that can be purchased at a parts dealer (IE can I drag this to a local tractor dealer to be identified?) as this is an older model that is no longer manufactured. If not, I'll be contacting the orig. manufacturer for details but I still need to identify the part first.

I'm also curious to see the setup on the newer loaders. Do any of you have to replace any parts similar to this due to wear and tear?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Solidoak
Mike at Hummerbee can supply the ball joint

/ Older Swinger articulated loader, part identification #27  
Hi everyone,

Don't do much posting but sure do lots of reading here! I especially enjoy seeing tractor photo restoration projects! 👍
Anyway, I have this older articulated loader that needs to have a bushing replaced on one side. I don't know the exact part name but I attached a photo of the piece. It's the main loader arm that is mounted to the frame. I'm wondering if this is something that can be purchased at a parts dealer (IE can I drag this to a local tractor dealer to be identified?) as this is an older model that is no longer manufactured. If not, I'll be contacting the orig. manufacturer for details but I still need to identify the part first.

I'm also curious to see the setup on the newer loaders. Do any of you have to replace any parts similar to this due to wear and tear?

Solidoak
They are very similar to the originals and fit well. If you know someone with a torch and welder it is about a hour job.

Last edited:
   / Older Swinger articulated loader, part identification #28  
Hi everyone,

Solidoak

Find somebody who can line bore and has the specialized type of welder for relining heavy equipment bushings.

See this video list for all things heavy equipment bushings. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=relining+heavy+equipment+bushings

Alternatively, take good pictures and pull alongside a local machine shop. I think then you'll need to grind out the welds on the bushings and either rent a bushing press or weld inside the brushing to shrink it and bring the bushing into your machinist or measure the hole the bushing pressed into and share that data with your local machinist (see that video list above). I'm lucky in that when I needed to have pins and bushings made for my 1979 Hough Payloader, my local machinist who makes precision gun barrels, machined up the pins and bushings for me. In my case, the steering bushings were made from manganese bronze (which is slightly magnetic) and an interference fit, so the replacements went into the freezer and I hammered them in.

Anyway, since you said you enjoy watching old stuff get fixed, here is a video about my old Payloader where among other things, I replaced two pins and bushings on my articulating rams. This same Payloader is getting rented out to a small pit mine this summer, so it's going back into service!