Old Diesel fuel Additive

/ Old Diesel fuel Additive #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
The bottle says "treats up to 100 gallons". And "shelf life of 12 - 18 months".

But I burn about 20 gallons of diesel a year. So now I have 3 expired bottles of fuel additive on the shelf.

What do you do with your old additive?

/ Old Diesel fuel Additive #2  
Depends on what brand actually and if you keep the lid on tightly. Myself, I use Archoil diesel fuel additive and it says nothing about shelf life on the bottle.

/ Old Diesel fuel Additive
Depends on what brand actually and if you keep the lid on tightly. Myself, I use Archoil diesel fuel additive and it says nothing about shelf life on the bottle.
The newest bottle with a shelf life is Power Service white bottle. It also says that the bottle will leak any unused fluid after opening the lid.

/ Old Diesel fuel Additive #5  
Strange in as much as I have a couple bottles of that on the shelf in the shop and none have ever leaked.

Just went out and looked at them and nowhere is there anything on the bottles that state that either. Must be some special elixir you have....

/ Old Diesel fuel Additive #6  
Shake the bottle each time before mixing/using it. Continue using until you’ve used it all up…

/ Old Diesel fuel Additive #7  
Use your tractor more. :ROFLMAO:

/ Old Diesel fuel Additive #8  
Strange in as much as I have a couple bottles of that on the shelf in the shop and none have ever leaked.

Just went out and looked at them and nowhere is there anything on the bottles that state that either. Must be some special elixir you have....
I went out and looked at my white and silver bottles (80oz) of power service and neither one had it either. As far as the leaking, I bet they are talking about the foil under the cap. Once you tear that, it may leak if you store the bottle on its side.

/ Old Diesel fuel Additive #9  
I would bet that mixed with Ed's Red, it would make great penetrating oil.
THAT is about all I would use it for,,,

/ Old Diesel fuel Additive

Drop down to the 3rd section titled HANDLING PRECAUTIONS

Attachments

• power service.jpg
    power service.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97