OK to use 40-1 oil gas mix if out of 50-1 mix?

/ OK to use 40-1 oil gas mix if out of 50-1 mix? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I have several saws with 50-1 and 40-1 oil/gas mix requirements, etc and ran out of my 50-1 fuel mix. Any issue with me running my 40-1 mix in the 50-1 saws? Doesn't seem to be any problem but I'm not up on these things. Is it OK?

/ OK to use 40-1 oil gas mix if out of 50-1 mix? #2  
Not really other than if they idle for an extended period they may foul the plug. Mine rarely idle. Yours may however.

/ OK to use 40-1 oil gas mix if out of 50-1 mix? #3  
I have several saws with 50-1 and 40-1 oil/gas mix requirements, etc and ran out of my 50-1 fuel mix. Any issue with me running my 40-1 mix in the 50-1 saws? Doesn't seem to be any problem but I'm not up on these things. Is it OK?

Should not be a problem.

/ OK to use 40-1 oil gas mix if out of 50-1 mix? #4  
Shouldn't be a big issue, but in reality running the 40:1 in the 50:1 items will cause them to run slightly lean, but will have more oil present for lube.

/ OK to use 40-1 oil gas mix if out of 50-1 mix? #5  
Yep. It'll be a leaner air/fuel ratio. The carb meters premix. More oil means less fuel. But it's a small difference. Unless your carb is tuned extra crispy lean it'll be fine.

/ OK to use 40-1 oil gas mix if out of 50-1 mix? #6  
No problem. I never ever worried about having different "recommended" mixes for each engine.

Now that I have no small engines by order of the doctor (have an ICD in my chest), I'm a much happier camper. Plus, my wife has taken over the chain saw work with battery powered chain saws. She can start them.

Ralph

/ OK to use 40-1 oil gas mix if out of 50-1 mix? #7  
No problem. I never ever worried about having different "recommended" mixes for each engine.

Now that I have no small engines by order of the doctor (have an ICD in my chest), I'm a much happier camper. Plus, my wife has taken over the chain saw work with battery powered chain saws. She can start them.

Ralph

My wife can start my 075 Stihl no problem.....:laughing:

/ OK to use 40-1 oil gas mix if out of 50-1 mix? #8  
I tune all ope to 40:1. Just tune to your mix. All my stuff is ran 40:1. I wont do the epa 50:1 myself.

I have only had 1or2 saws come back in 15-18 years. When owner ran 50:1 wouldnt idle right after I had tuned for 40:1. So I then just tuned to his 50:1 for him.