Oil & Fuel Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled

/ Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled #11  
Torx, any comment about the open hole in the bottom of the bell housing?

/ Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled
View attachment 331866View attachment 331867I mentioned earlier in the thread that I looked and didn't see a hole or any means to pull a plug. I did see a plate screwed in place with four holes and an opening in the center with one drop of oil. The whole area is grimy as all get out. I can take a picture with flash of the bottom of the bell housing and post it here or email it to you. I pulled the starter motor the other day and put my hand into the bell housing and followed the flywheel to the bottom and didn't feel or see anything out of the ordinary. I agree with your comment that the oil has to be entering through the clutch housing to get into the starter motor.
I will post a PIC shortly and Thanks for your help Winston1. I got a bit sidetracked by a troll and realize it aint worth the time, based on his other posts to even bother with em. sorry about that.

Last edited:
   / Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled
Can you see the two pics. Maybe its plugged?

/ Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled #14  
Seems to me that the rear main seal would be leaking and the flywheel is slinging it out and the cup of the starter where the gear is, is catching it and filling up. The pics were hard to see but sure does look wet with oil. I cant seem to think of anywhere else it could be coming from.
Just my .02
Hope maybe it helps, Thank you for your service to our country.

/ Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled #15  
I'm also in agreement on the rear main seal. If there's that much oil being slung around, I'm surprised it's not getting on the clutch and causing it to slip

/ Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled #16  
i had a kubota that did that real seal.it ran out the starter.

/ Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled #17  
Looks like a pic of an oily starter? Like I said I still vote the. Rear main.

/ Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled #18  
Looks like everyone is voting for the rear main. With that much of a leak I would go for getting my money back. Just my 2 cents.

/ Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled #19  
With that m uch oil I am wondering if a piece is not torn out of the seal.

/ Oil leak from Starter Mower I'm Baffled #20  
I deleted my earlier post as it was brought to my attention I was a little to Gruff in my response . That being said I have to remind myself that many were not raised living and working /repairing equipment on almost a daily basis , I come from the old school and may not be as politically correct as some if your offended by my posts ,don't be I just speak in matter of fact statements sometimes and some may just not get my point !