Oil/Hydraulic Filter Cross Ref.

/ Oil/Hydraulic Filter Cross Ref. #1  

MajMac392

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7234, John Deere X300 Riding Lawn Mower
Wow, what a find I think. I have a Cub Cadet 7234 w/Mitsubishi drivetrain and am getting ready to do the 200 hour check, filters, oil, hydraulic, etc. I thought I would read the Mitsubishi discussion on tractorpoint.com/site to see if there was anything about crossing the Mit. filters to something most of us can afford. I went to the Wix site and crossed both the oil and hydraulic filters to Wix numbers, (if they are good numbers that is). At the Mitsubishi thread, Pacesetter said he had the number for oil and it looks like we may have found the 'Missing Link' if the filters are the right size etc. The Wix site also lets you click on the number you find and it brings up the filter specs. I crossed the oil filter MD 134953 to WIX 51365 and the hydraulic filter, 1964 2509 000 to Wix 57118. Wix is at www.wixfilters.com. Many thanks to Pacesetter. I'm going to buy these shortly and will let folks know if they are correct. Hopefully it will beat the $17 Oil, and $44 Hyd. filter cost at the dealer.

/ Oil/Hydraulic Filter Cross Ref.
Wow again. I just called NAPA and he said the oil filter was the Gold for $6.77 but the Hydraulic was $54 but he didn't have it in stock. I don't think I'll be buying the Hyd. filter from NAPA, unbelievable!

/ Oil/Hydraulic Filter Cross Ref. #3  
Interesting prices. I paid $12 for an oil filter and $28 for a hydraulic filter at my Cub dealer. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

IH, you don't say where you are located other than Cumberland County. Cumberland County in which state? I'm in Maine and the prices quoted me just the other day at the only two dealers I know of were $14 and $17.76 for the oil and $37 or $44.34 for the Hydraulic. RC Hazelton and Watermans.
If you can provide me insite on cheaper OEM filters let me know. Thanks.

/ Oil/Hydraulic Filter Cross Ref. #5  
Maybe the only CC owners are here in Maine. I'm in Limington. I think I paid about $75 or $80 for the hydraulic filter for my 7360 from FM Abbott in Waterboro. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif But I had little choice with Ziggy stuck out in that mean forest overnight becasue that nasty stump ripped it right off. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Oil/Hydraulic Filter Cross Ref. #6  
The last ones I bought were from LandPower in Freedom, NH (it was a hike for me, so I bought a couple of each). That was about a year ago. I think they are out of business now. Too bad because they were cheaper than any other CC dealer around. My uncle has a CC too and he says Watermans is cheaper than Hazeltons and Abbots. I am pretty sure Waterman's will ship about anything UPS.

IH, my Cub came from Landpower as well and I agree their prices were great but maybe that is why they went out of business. The last filters I bought were from them, very reasonable. You're right Watermans is cheaper than Hazelton, I just checked a week or so back. I think I will go with the Napa Oil Filter if it matches the size, etc. but will get the Hydraulic filter from Watermans for my next service. They are only about 30 - 40 minutes out of my way going home.

/ Oil/Hydraulic Filter Cross Ref. #8  
I'm in SW PA and got a quote for the hydro filter from a dealer for near $90. I'll have to get the part number from the dealer to try cross-referencing.

Rozett, happen to have that part number around for the 7360?

- Gerald

This is a follow-up to my post a couple of weeks back about oil filters for the Cub Cadet 7234. I bought a NAPA Gold Filter 1365 / $7.11 w/tax as a replacement for the Cub OEM/Mitsubishi Oil filter, M 134 953 (number on the filter) Part Number: MA 31A 40-02100. I took an old filter in with me and the NAPA/Wix filter is almost identical in size. On the bottom of the NAPA filter box it also listed the following filters that it replaced: Motorcraft FL 816, Purolator L14622, Fram PH6607, AC PF1237, and Wix 51365. Whites Farm Supply has a good price on the Hydraulic Filter, MA-1964 2509 000, $34.29 plus shipping, very close to one I would have to go several miles out of my way to buy at a CC Dealer.

I don’t know if this will help anyone but thought I would follow up on my original post. NAPA must have a pretty good search/cross reference ability as well because initially I thought the filter was to small. The NAPA dealer took the CC oil filter number and came up with the same match. I also got a reply about the difference between NAPA Gold and Silver oil filters I'll make in another post.

/ Oil/Hydraulic Filter Cross Ref. #10  
Gerald, sorry for the late reply.... but I checked all of my CC manuakls and couldn't find a number. I even climbed under Ziggy and looked at the filter, but couldn't find a number on it either (unless it's at the top where I can't squeeze my head /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif