Oil filter cover plates?

/ Oil filter cover plates? #11  
I suspect the locations have more to do with production machining of the castings than anything else.

On my M's, they are underneath but high enough not to be susceptible to any damage.

/ Oil filter cover plates? #12  
Slightly added cost and more failure points? I wish all engineers and architects were required to fix cars and build homes as part of there career training 😂.
Bet it would be cost, not failure.

I understand that actually knowing how to work a trade to be a requirement for engineers and architects in some European countries.

It was never a requirement in the US that I ever heard of. But still, the better engineers and architects that I know all did exactly that - every one of the good ones took jobs fixing and building either before going to school or after.

I bet it is no different now. The best ones understand the importance.

The old way of working while going to school seems a thing of the past.

rScotty

/ Oil filter cover plates? #13  
Hydraulic filters work the same no matter where they are. They could be in the motor compartment, or on a rack behind the seat. I see no reason to put them under the tractor where they are both vulnerable and hard to service.
good point. on vintage tractors, not sure there were any hyd/transmission filters?
my MF T035 did not. could be current tractors don't have them exposed on the upper level is for cosmetic reasons. glad i operate my M series w/plenty of clearance of access & potential damage to the thin filter housing

on my TO35, i really liked the heavy duty engine oil filter cartridge housings.
what is the gauge of spin on filters, 1/16" if that? little margin for error, regards