NX6010 loss of power

/ NX6010 loss of power #1  

cutthroat

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PSC
So today I was finish mowing and as I mowed it just felt like something was different, the engine sounded a little different and the RPM's were fluctuating a lot more than usual. One thing I noticed is when doing a sharp turn the tractor would start to bog down and RPM's would drop dramatically. I have some steep grades as well and the tractor would barely be able to make it up them, where in the past it was no issue. I'm thinking fuel filter but not sure. Tractor has 92 hours and fuel filter was replaced at 50 hours. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Will call dealer tomorrow to get his take as well. Thanks

-Craig

/ NX6010 loss of power #2  
So today I was finish mowing and as I mowed it just felt like something was different, the engine sounded a little different and the RPM's were fluctuating a lot more than usual. One thing I noticed is when doing a sharp turn the tractor would start to bog down and RPM's would drop dramatically. I have some steep grades as well and the tractor would barely be able to make it up them, where in the past it was no issue. I'm thinking fuel filter but not sure. Tractor has 92 hours and fuel filter was replaced at 50 hours. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Will call dealer tomorrow to get his take as well. Thanks

-Craig

Craig, you have a switch on that automatically dips power in turns. Also, your tractor very likely needs to regenerate the diesel particulate filter (DPF).

/ NX6010 loss of power #3  
I went through the exact symptoms 2 months ago, tried DPF,Fuel,NO stall, Etc...... finally took tractor to dealer and found 1 bad injector that was working at a low percentage. Kioti told the dealer they had experienced a few of these bad injectors. 2 days for shipping and a new injector and I was running like a scalded dog.

/ NX6010 loss of power
I forgot to mention I did do a regen. I kicked one off manually. It was weird the process it went thru, much different than the automatic ones. I parked the tractor, turned throttle all the way down, tractor was doing about 900 rpms (which is lower than the normal 1000), I hit the button, after about 5 seconds rpms went to 1500 and it was there for like 15 minutes, then rpms went to 2600 and was there for about 8 minutes and then tractor throttled back down to 900. My NX doesn't have the turning deceleration toggle switch. I looked over the switches 10+ times just to make sure I wasn't being stupid and had something turned on/off. I keep thinking it must be fuel related. I tried to go through the fuel air bleed process but not sure I did it right. After the process, the tractor wouldn't start, for a moment I got a error code of 8 I believe (flashed real quick), a couple more cranks and it started and is starting again. I did notice today that it did seem to take another crank or two for the tractor to start. Thank for the info BigCountry I will talk to my dealer tomorrow. You don't realize how much of that horsepower you use until it's missing!

-Craig

/ NX6010 loss of power
So how would I go about fixing this? I'm guessing draining the fuel, what would be the best way to do that? Thanks for the info.

-Craig

/ NX6010 loss of power #7  
No problem,

If it is water, you'll have to drain tank and fuel up to filter water sits at the top so you'll have to rinse with some clean diesel and drain again. Then add a water treatment for good measure. I used to have this issue with my Kubota all the time and just use a treatment almost never worked. If I remember correctly there is a valve that allows you to close off the fuel to the injectors so that you can avoid having to bleed them. Then there is a primer for the filter. I will have to look at the service Manuel, but I'm sure Eric probably knows the procedure. I get that code on mine occasionally though, especially when we have very hot days then a few cooler ones. The only thing that would make me think maybe the fuel is contaminated is you saying it was harder to start coupled with that code. Other than that I had those symptoms with mine as a result of the injector. I would almost stall on a turn, when I tried to start it would rattle before stepping up to RPM's. And under any load it would start to chug.

/ NX6010 loss of power
Isn't the fuel filter suppose to stop water getting to the engine?

/ NX6010 loss of power #9  
The filter should catch the water to the point of stopping the filter up, the NX has a water/ fuel filter with a water sensor in the bottom of the filter. Water is heavier than fuel and will settle in the bottom of the filter were the sensor is and after a certain amount of water builds up in the filter, the sensor will turn on the "water in fuel" light in the dash. The error 008 code is not that there is water in the fuel but that the sensor is not reading any signal and there for may not be working properly. Could be a dirty or lose connector or broken wire on the bottom of the filter.

/ NX6010 loss of power #10  
One thing you might try, is unplugging the sensor in the filter then carefully unscrew the filter, then dump the filter into a Clear glass jar or container. After some time if has water in the fuel the water will settle out in the bottom. I have done this a couple times on my NX checking for water when I had a smoking issue, and dealer wanted to rule out bad fuel. I always did mine after the tractor set overnight to cool and everything settled, and never even spilt a drop of fuel. Once you have dumped the filter out and let drain a bit just fill the filter completely back up with fresh fuel and screw it back on and plug the sensor back in this will keep you from having to bleed the air out of the system.