Price Check NX5510 CAB HST - Price Check

/ NX5510 CAB HST - Price Check #1  

mbusse7

Tractor
Ford 3600, Kioti NX5510 HST CAB
Getting ready to buy an NX5510 CAB HST so currently pricing around. Here is the best I have so far. Looking to see if other have found a better deal recently.

NX5510 CAB HST
KL6010 Self Leveling Loader
KB2485 Backhoe With 12" Bucket
2 rear remotes
AM/FM/CD player
Filled Rear Tires
Rear Wiper

Price with current Free Loader program: 40,200.00 without sales tax.

Dealer wants an additional 1180.00 to install 3rd function valve and joystick control.

Has anyone had any experience with the dealer sold grapples from Titan? I think they run about 1500.00. I am aware of the grapple at EA and they look great but more expensive and going with Titan, I could get instant gratification and have it delivered with the tractor.

Also, does 1180.00 to install 3rd function look about right?

Thanks, been lurking this forum for the past 2 weeks doing my homework leading up to this. Posts have been very helpful

Last edited:
   / NX5510 CAB HST - Price Check #2  
To the best of my knowledge, Kioti does not offer a 3rd function kit of their own. Your dealer is probably installing a W R Long Electric Over Hydraulic kit, or something similar. Just the parts alone are $837 if you were to purchase them yourself from Everything Attachments. So $1180 fully installed doesn't seem too bad.

My dealer charges $1,310 for installation on a DK4510HS. I would install it myself, but I don't have the time. So, I'm sucking it up and paying.

/ NX5510 CAB HST - Price Check #3  
Getting ready to buy an NX5510 CAB HST so currently pricing around. Here is the best I have so far. Looking to see if other have found a better deal recently.

NX5510 CAB HST
KL6010 Self Leveling Loader
KB2485 Backhoe With 12" Bucket
2 rear remotes
AM/FM/CD player
Filled Rear Tires
Rear Wiper

Price with current Free Loader program: 40,200.00 without sales tax.

Dealer wants an additional 1180.00 to install 3rd function valve and joystick control.

Has anyone had any experience with the dealer sold grapples from Titan? I think they run about 1500.00. I am aware of the grapple at EA and they look great but more expensive and going with Titan, I could get instant gratification and have it delivered with the tractor.

Also, does 1180.00 to install 3rd function look about right?

Thanks, been lurking this forum for the past 2 weeks doing my homework leading up to this. Posts have been very helpful

Which grapple are you getting from Titan? Titan grapples are Chinese as I recall. No significant problems with them. I have a cheap US made 48" grapple on my DK40se which has the same loader and weight as the NX and it has done fine for over ten years despite lots of abuse. I'd personally buy the EA 54" single lid (they don't make a 48) if I were buying a grapple today. The EA grapples are IMO better engineered/designed than the run of the mill grapples (like mine and the Titan). Still, everyone is happy with whatever grapple they have so I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't buy too wide and don't waste money and weight on dual lids.

$1200 for electric over hydraulic install is not bad. I have a WRLong diverter. I've also used rear remotes on a previous tractor to control the grapple and frankly I preferred the simplicity and cost of just using the rear remotes. If you can drive a 4 on the floor transmission you can use rear remotes as effectively as a fancy set up and save yourself a grand.

Attachments

• IMG_5603.JPG
    IMG_5603.JPG
    489.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Maple stump3.jpg
    Maple stump3.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 299
   / NX5510 CAB HST - Price Check
Which grapple are you getting from Titan? Titan grapples are Chinese as I recall. No significant problems with them. I have a cheap US made 48" grapple on my DK40se which has the same loader and weight as the NX and it has done fine for over ten years despite lots of abuse. I'd personally buy the EA 54" single lid (they don't make a 48) if I were buying a grapple today. The EA grapples are IMO better engineered/designed than the run of the mill grapples (like mine and the Titan). Still, everyone is happy with whatever grapple they have so I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't buy too wide and don't waste money and weight on dual lids.

$1200 for electric over hydraulic install is not bad. I have a WRLong diverter. I've also used rear remotes on a previous tractor to control the grapple and frankly I preferred the simplicity and cost of just using the rear remotes. If you can drive a 4 on the floor transmission you can use rear remotes as effectively as a fancy set up and save yourself a grand.

Thanks for the reply. I have decided to go with EA's single lid grapple. I do have one question for you. What made you decide on the 48"? I was thinking of going with a 66 or 72" thinking bigger is better, but this will be my first grapple, am I missing something thinking this way?

ransonjd, you are correct, it is a W R Long.

/ NX5510 CAB HST - Price Check #6  
I just ordered a 54" grapple from EA. I went with the 54" because it's small, maneuverable, and light-weight. Remember, every pound of weight of your grapple is a pound of debris you can't lift. Picking up logs and boulders, width won't matter much. With brush, a wider loader might hold more, it will limit where you can reach to grab it. Those are my thoughts, anyway.

/ NX5510 CAB HST - Price Check #7  
Thanks for the reply. I have decided to go with EA's single lid grapple. I do have one question for you. What made you decide on the 48"? I was thinking of going with a 66 or 72" thinking bigger is better, but this will be my first grapple, am I missing something thinking this way?

See Ransonjd's post. He captures all but one of the important reasons why smaller is better. He missed "less expensive" too. Bottom line is that a big grapple really doesn't do anything that a smaller grapple can't do but the smaller grapple can do things a wide heavy grapple cannot. Unless you are in the construction business or firewood business there are virtually no benefits of a wide heavy grapple over a narrow light grapple on a CUT. Wider grapples are often bought by folks who assume a grapple should be the same width as the standard bucket. Incorrect assumption. Look at the size grapples attached to monster excavators...36 inches. It is more useful to be able to concentrate power in a small area when digging too. Also, as brush is "sticky", a small grapple can carry just as much as a wide grapple. If I were in your shoes I'd get the 54" single just like ransonjd.

Attachments

• image-1014548167.jpg
    image-1014548167.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    630.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2837 grappling stump.jpg
    IMG_2837 grappling stump.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3353.jpg
    IMG_3353.jpg
    1,022.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2841.jpg
    IMG_2841.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_8139_small.jpg
    IMG_8139_small.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 188
Thanks for the quick feedback gents. Island, thanks for the pics, especially the one with the rock as I will be using my grapple for a fair amount of that in addition to moving brush.

/ NX5510 CAB HST - Price Check #9  
Thanks for the quick feedback gents. Island, thanks for the pics, especially the one with the rock as I will be using my grapple for a fair amount of that in addition to moving brush.

All the more reason to get a narrow light grapple.

/ NX5510 CAB HST - Price Check #10  
And here we go again! ;)

After hundreds of hours using my bucket and tooth bar on my B7800 I was more than convinced why I needed a wider grapple. It's also nice to be able to push/grab stuff away from the front wheels as you go forward into debris that you're getting out of the way (clearing pathways). But, I suspect many folks don't have the environment I do; and this is the reason why I don't pretend to know what's best for someone else.