Not so quick coupling (stuck)

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #21  
My flat-face couplers are the way Tinhack mentioned. The sleeve on the female fitting has to be rotated so the little pin (notch?) lines up and the sleeve can retract.

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #22  
See if it/they have a locking feature. My rear remotes do and I forgot about it. :rolleyes: Mine have a small notch in the release sleeve. That notch has to be aligned with a small pin to allow the sleeve to be pulled back. The notch is only about 1/8" deep and easy to miss.

I have one of those on my skidsteer. Think I owned it for a few years before I realized it had that notch/pin on it - just knew that sometimes it would come off easily, and other times not. Was just luck having it line up after twisting and swearing.....

the pin was on the downside (not easy to see), so I never even realized it was there.

only used it for the snowblower, so would only deal with it twice a year (putting the blower on for the winter, and then off in the Spring)

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #23  
Have you tried pushing it back in then trying to disconnect it again? Might be getting hung up on a ball or two inside the female coupling....

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #24  
   / Not so quick coupling (stuck) #25  
Had that problem before. Took off the pair and managed to get it apart in the bench when upright. Discovered that the retaining balls came loose and I had trouble coupling & decoupling many times so I ditched all my couplers for the screw-on type. Hp38-06N-SET from Summit Hydraulics. Now I can couple & decouple even if there’s slight pressure in the lines.

This video demonstrates coupling the ability to connect the grapple lines to itself together while there’s pressure on one end. Something that would have been impossible to do with traditional style couplers.

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck)
had to replace both fittings
IMG_20220625_093139_6.jpg

Last edited: