Not Having Any Fun

/ Not Having Any Fun #1  

Ches

Bronze Member
Tractor
B2910
Sitting here crying. My three month old (two payments made) 2910HST is sitting in the shed with seven hours on the meter, while I sit here dreaming of having fun on it. Right after I got it, I noticed a couple hydraulic leaks on the FEL hoses. Dealer gave me a couple new hoses to put on in their place. Continued to have the leaks. They finally came and took the tractor in and kept it a week and brought it back. Fixed the leaks, said the hoses probably had burrs or some foreign matter in them. They took all the hoses off and put them back on. Said they filled the bucket up with dirt and raised it and left it twenty-four hours with no leaks. But, when they returned the tractor (I was at work and my 81 year old father was here for delivery) and I tried to use it that afternoon, I immediately noticed something that had never happened before. Whenever I would turn the steering, I would hear what appears to be a low sounding screeching sound (not a high pitch like you hear with power steering on automobiles). The noise sounds as though it's coming from right in front of and below the instrument panel/steering column. It makes the <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Muhammad on 9/3/00 12:05 PM.</FONT></P>

/ Not Having Any Fun #2  
Ches,
Don't give up and keep after the dealer.
Remember its your hard earn money and the last thing a dealer wants is a bad name in his area.

Maybe when the come to pick it up again let them hear the sound or show the problem,before they take it back to the shop,and ask as many question also.

Take care and stay /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ Not Having Any Fun #3  
If anyone is wondering, the only thing that I edited on message #13747 was the formatting of the message - for some reason the lines were broken at about 1/2 of the regular length, so I edited the lines to display properly. The content of the message wasn't changed.

FWIW, this forum has a 0.0018% rate of message deletion.

msig.gif

/ Not Having Any Fun
Update re: Not having any
fun. Put in about four
hours seat time last
week-end after dealer
returned my tractor. Said
they couldn't really
determine what was
causing the steering to
make the noise, but they
changed the filters and
adjusted the valve.
Helped the noise somewhat (not totally) and now the power steering seems to be a little rougher. They even told me to expect the steering to be harder just after start up and to let
it warm up some (which it
does improve). Machine
still not as quiet or
smooth as when I first
bought it. Is this normal for only 10 hours operation?
Also, something to think
about when buying tractor. Really check out service
department. When they
returned my tractor, I got to talk with the delivery
person, turns out he is
also their only mechanic. He is nineteen years old,
never went to trade school nor received any Kubota
schooling. No wonder they don't know what is causing my problem. Their answer: "It's under warranty for
two years, keep running
it, if something really
goes wrong, it will be
easier to find". Keep in
mind, when buying a
tractor, you are also
buying the dealership and
shop. I bought locally,
but there is another
dealer just as close
(thirty minutes away).

Ches