Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?)

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #52  
I use my FEL to lift 30' x 24' wood rounds onto a splitter. easier then turning the splitter vertical for a 77 year old..

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #53  
Ok, this is a fun one. I've done most all of the above and then some. A lot I'll not put into print though.....

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #54  
A bud at work said he was working on a job where they came across a nest of rattlers. The guy on the dozer did a real quick job on the nest, then went to lunch. When he came back and hopped on the machine, a survivor came out and bit him (fatally) on the neck.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #55  
I used the FEL to take down the 8’x10’ lean to from the old shed and attach it over the back door solo in one piece. Much less work involved than dis- and reassembling. The most nerve racking part was getting under the raised leanto to raise the new supporting wall.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #56  
Very fun topic!!!!

When we remodeled our house, Okay, we tore everything down to just the outside walls, I used my trusty Kubota to pull down a chimney by running a cable through the front window. Somewhere, I have pictures of it.
I also mounted a winch on the bucket of the FEL. I use it to pull down trees out of spots the tractor won't fit.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #57  
What is "Fear of Wife"?

If Mrs Slim sees a snake, it's all over for Mr. Snake. No discussions or committees will be convened.

Me: "Sorry ol' Mr. Snake, ol' buddy, ol' pal, but..." BLAM. 12 ga works just fine on them.

Hasn't been an issue since we moved up from AZ.
Gynophobia, but it's generic enough to also cover your daughters, mom, grandma and that crazy lady down the road.

A lot of the same projects as mentioned and some that were (in hindsight) to dangerous and stupid to put in print. Be safe everyone!

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #58  
Setting trusses
IMG_6859.JPG

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #59  
Rigged a length of 3" conduit over one of the forks to "crane" a non-OSHA work platform over the creek to work on a stump. Slipped a small winch in the bucket's receiver to remove a few dead chiller compressors from a stairwell at church. May have done some other things for which photographic evidence might not exist :)

Attachments

• IMG_7241.JPG
    IMG_7241.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 100
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 96
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 89
  • E.jpg
    E.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 91
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 96
   / Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #60  
I picked up a 10x20 car tent frame from my neighbour. A piece of pipe across the bucket at one end and I made a pole to fit on my trailer mover with another pipe at the back. A couple of vicegrips to hold everything in place and 400 yards home. I also made a boom to fit on the tree grabber (2x2 tube) and stood trusses for a new garage as well as general moving of stuff around. It works better than the hook on the bucket because of the reach (for lighter stuff).