Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?)

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #31  
How about moving a grain bin that’s being repurposed for storing wood pellets. I bought a grain bin to be used for wood pellets. I found out that I could get a better price on bulk wood pellets and also got tired of handling 5 tons of bagged pellets. “ A little tractor that Could “ 😝

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpeg
    IMG_0253.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0255.jpeg
    IMG_0255.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0252.jpeg
    IMG_0252.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0188.jpeg
    IMG_0188.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0189.jpeg
    IMG_0189.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0191.jpeg
    IMG_0191.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
   / Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #32  
I'd post some pics but my brother is using it at his place.

The idea is so simple, I'm surprised an attachment like this isn't commercially available.

EDIT:

I guess there are commercially available SSQA mixers:

And

Quite pricey though.

I picked up the stand mixer at a yard sale for $50. It had a bad electric motor that I replaced with a $150 hydraulic motor. I had the blank SSQA plate laying around so the whole rig cost $200.
I think I might like to keep mine electric, it would be more versatile for me that way I think. But it would be sweet to have it on a frame that could at least be bolted to the forks or a stand alone frame. I have been thinking about it for a while. I need to pour some sizable footers this summer and I would consider mixing them myself if my tractor could do the heavy lifting.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #33  

I've done this too, it's somewhere on my webpage. I just used the bale spear to hold the reel.

Last year, I also got annoyed at trying to break up a small hutch building to put it in a dumpster. I ended up using the FEL of my 5105 to quickly disassemble it. :D

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #36  
I think I might like to keep mine electric, it would be more versatile for me that way I think. But it would be sweet to have it on a frame that could at least be bolted to the forks or a stand alone frame. I have been thinking about it for a while. I need to pour some sizable footers this summer and I would consider mixing them myself if my tractor could do the heavy lifting.
I first tested the idea by chaining the stand mixer in the bucket with binders to see how well it would pour using the FEL. The only problem with using an electric motor is, you can't mix while transporting.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #37  
I first tested the idea by chaining the stand mixer in the bucket with binders to see how well it would pour using the FEL. The only problem with using an electric motor is, you can't mix while transporting.
Yeah I was thinking one of those small generators on the 3point with an extension cord.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #38  
How about moving a grain bin that’s being repurposed for storing wood pellets. I bought a grain bin to be used for wood pellets. I found out that I could get a better price on bulk wood pellets and also got tired of handling 5 tons of bagged pellets. “ A little tractor that Could “ 😝
Just curious, how do you fill the bin?

Doug in SW IA

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #39  
Not land clearing but this was some redneck engineering here. Moved three of these this way, worked really well.

View attachment 846880

Did something similar a few years ago myself, except I used the 3PH to lift/support the end not on the hand truck.

No pics, but a couple other things I've done; used the FEL to support a roof over some steps while I replaced the posts.
Also used pallet forks to help break the bead to get some old tires off the rims.

No snake stories here, most of the ones in northern New England are harmless.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #40  
Here's one for the safety police...

Me in the bucket with a chainsaw while my wife runs me up in a tree. Obviously I have no questions about my wife's love for me.