Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?)

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #21  
ophidiophobia: extreme fear of snakes. only extermination for me would be around immediate compound, but only of venomous snakes. respectfully,
What is "Fear of Wife"?

If Mrs Slim sees a snake, it's all over for Mr. Snake. No discussions or committees will be convened.

Me: "Sorry ol' Mr. Snake, ol' buddy, ol' pal, but..." BLAM. 12 ga works just fine on them.

Hasn't been an issue since we moved up from AZ.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #22  
venomous or anything that resembles a snake of any kind?
probably best then to bring out the artillery to keep the peace at home

Last edited:
   / Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #23  
Couple of years ago I started the Skid Steer and raised the bucket. A Southern Pacific Rattler was hiding under the bucket. I quickly tilted the bucket down, advanced and slammed it down cutting him in 2 as he fled. Death by Bobcat.(y)

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #25  
I came across a small two foot rattlesnake yesterday while putting around on the tractor making ruts. I suppose he was out sunning himself. I swear he came towards me trying to attack the box blade. Bad snake. They gimme the creeps even when shown on TV.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #26  
The one that haunts me the most was on the zero turn by my pond. Water Moccasin came out of the water and in front of me. I thought that I would chase it down and run it over with the blades chopping it up into fertilizer. But it stopped and curled up in front of me with it's head up higher then the deck. I stopped about ten feet in front of it, got scared, and backed up as fast as I could. I went back to the house as fast as I could, grabbed a pistol and went back looking for it, but I never saw it again. I still have nightmares of that snake!!!!!
That reads like a plot for horror film.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #27  
Not land clearing but this was some redneck engineering here. Moved three of these this way, worked really well.

IMG_1308.JPEG
IMG_1310.JPEG

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #28  
I don't know if this is non traditional, and it doesn't involve land clearing but I occasionally use a tractor as a portable concrete mixer.

I welded an old stand type cement mixer to an SSQA plate and attached it to the FEL. I replaced the electric motor with a hydraulic motor and power it via the 3rd function valve.

I drive the tractor to the various sand, gravel & cement sources and mix while I drive to the construction site. I then use the FEL to dump the concrete directly from the mixer into the forms. The only time I get off the tractor is to load the ingredients.
I have been wanting to do this!! Brilliant!

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #29  
I have been wanting to do this!! Brilliant!
I'd post some pics but my brother is using it at his place.

The idea is so simple, I'm surprised an attachment like this isn't commercially available.

EDIT:

I guess there are commercially available SSQA mixers:

And

Quite pricey though.

I picked up the stand mixer at a yard sale for $50. It had a bad electric motor that I replaced with a $150 hydraulic motor. I had the blank SSQA plate laying around so the whole rig cost $200.

Last edited: