Buying Advice No MMM on B2601 with factory spacers?

/ No MMM on B2601 with factory spacers? #1  

Surgeon

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1428
Getting ready to sign the paperwork for new B2601 and suddenly I get an “Oh by the way” you cannot use the mid mount mower with the factory wheel spacers. In the original online build it prevented me from having both but the dealer initially said Kubota only does that because you cannot use chains without removing the MMM which made sense but now they are saying not at all but that I could take the spacers off to mow. I ordered the 54 inch deck but the dealer is saying deck size is irrelevant. I have a hilly yard and want the stability of the spacers. I think this may be a deal breaker. Any thoughts?

/ No MMM on B2601 with factory spacers? #2  
You say the dealer said. Do you perhaps mean the salesman said? It is possible he doesn't know his product as well as he thinks he does. Talk to another salesman or a different dealer. You could even place a call to Messick's and ask some specific questions. They tend to know their stuff.

/ No MMM on B2601 with factory spacers?
You say the dealer said. Do you perhaps mean the salesman said? It is possible he doesn't know his product as well as he thinks he does. Talk to another salesman or a different dealer. You could even place a call to Messick's and ask some specific questions. They tend to know their stuff.

To me the salesperson is the dealer’s representative. I don’t distinguish.

/ No MMM on B2601 with factory spacers? #4  
To me the salesperson is the dealer’s representative. I don’t distinguish.
I can agree with your thought there: however, that does not mean the salesperson is correct. At best they are a human, and all humans make mistakes, know I do. But why would the factory spacers interfere with a MMM? But no spacers the MMM will work? To me it seems tires being wider would give more clearance to the MMM. If Kubota specs says it will not work in that combo would trust Kubota.

/ No MMM on B2601 with factory spacers? #5  
It may have to do with the deck wheel mounting locations. It's possible that the deck wheels are positioned to where they are actually outside of the rear tires and behind the leading edge, therefore when moving the tires out with the spacers, the deck wheel will hit the tire. A wider deck would probably not be an issue.

/ No MMM on B2601 with factory spacers? #6  
How wide are the spacers? I have 2" ones on my BX2380, and the tires are close to the rear deck wheels with a 60" deck. I think if I had a 54" deck I couldn't have used the spacers. I think a 60" deck might clear, but I'm not familiar on how wide the B2601 is to begin with compared to a BX....

/ No MMM on B2601 with factory spacers? #7  
Getting ready to sign the paperwork for new B2601 and suddenly I get an “Oh by the way” you cannot use the mid mount mower with the factory wheel spacers. In the original online build it prevented me from having both but the dealer initially said Kubota only does that because you cannot use chains without removing the MMM which made sense but now they are saying not at all but that I could take the spacers off to mow. I ordered the 54 inch deck but the dealer is saying deck size is irrelevant. I have a hilly yard and want the stability of the spacers. I think this may be a deal breaker. Any thoughts?
Spacers are not compatible with the MMMs with some (all?) tires.

Spacers are needed to install tire chains.

These two issues are independent of each other.

Trust the Kubota website.