NH sm sq baler name change

/ NH sm sq baler name change
I don't remember what baler you have but my 575 has the door on top and you open it and have to reach down in to clean and maintain it. It is a pain and this new system gets a lot more metal out of the way making it easier to access which is a big plus in my book. The easier it is to maintain these machines the better.

Was going to answer Fri but thought I should take another look at the baler just to be sure. My 326 has very good access. When the front cover is up everything Id want to work on is right there and easy to reach. The only bit in the way is a piece of channel used to mount the transmission. That said a better arrangement would be as in the new balers w/ the hinge up top rather than on the side. Then the cover would be completely clear. So far though I have no complaints about the setup and Ive done a fair amt of work in that space.

/ NH sm sq baler name change #12  
Was going to answer Fri but thought I should take another look at the baler just to be sure. My 326 has very good access. When the front cover is up everything Id want to work on is right there and easy to reach. The only bit in the way is a piece of channel used to mount the transmission. That said a better arrangement would be as in the new balers w/ the hinge up top rather than on the side. Then the cover would be completely clear. So far though I have no complaints about the setup and Ive done a fair amt of work in that space.

But the 570 and 575 have a drive chain that was borderline inaccessible in that area. A #60 chain that drives the entire baler except the plunger. 90% of the balers I work on never get any care in that area. No oil on that chain, even though other drive chains are cared for. No tensioning of that chain, even though the rest may be adjusted periodically. Replacing this chain on a 570 or 575 is a real hassle. The new style covert is a BIG improvement.

/ NH sm sq baler name change #13  
Hey Farmwithjunk,

If you happen to come to National Farm Show in Louisville stop by the Koyker booth and look at our new accumulater and loaders we will have on display.

Scott

But the 570 and 575 have a drive chain that was borderline inaccessible in that area. A #60 chain that drives the entire baler except the plunger. 90% of the balers I work on never get any care in that area. No oil on that chain, even though other drive chains are cared for. No tensioning of that chain, even though the rest may be adjusted periodically. Replacing this chain on a 570 or 575 is a real hassle. The new style covert is a BIG improvement.

Sounds like a back to the future sort of thing.

/ NH sm sq baler name change #15  
Hey Farmwithjunk,

If you happen to come to National Farm Show in Louisville stop by the Koyker booth and look at our new accumulater and loaders we will have on display.

Scott

I'll be there wed morning. I'm always one of the first ones through the door. I'm easy to spot. I'll be wearin' bibs and a hat! ;)

Any idea what your booth number is, or which wing you'll be located in?

/ NH sm sq baler name change #16  
I'll be there wed morning. I'm always one of the first ones through the door. I'm easy to spot. I'll be wearin' bibs and a hat! ;)

Any idea what your booth number is, or which wing you'll be located in?

Glad you're able to move around in KY now. That was some ice storm.

Today I head for the farm show in Colusa.
Next week to the really bbbbiiiiigggg World Ag Expo in Tulare.

/ NH sm sq baler name change #17  
We actually sold the 700,000th small square baler about two months ago. They build them about 45 minutes away from us.

We actually sold the 700,000th small square baler about two months ago. They build them about 45 minutes away from us.

Was that the one w/ all the fancy decals featured in the NH magazine?

/ NH sm sq baler name change #19  
Was that the one w/ all the fancy decals featured in the NH magazine?

They are selling regular balers with the fancy decals, even if they are not the actual 700,000th baler. The real unit itself has a plaque rivited to it.

Was by my dealer and they have a 5060 on the lot. The front door is like the one on my 326 exc longer and the hinge has been relocated. Can see how this would be more convenient.